Generic Surplus-Gilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Surplus-Gilt

Anyone know anything about Generic Surplus? Any good?

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Funny that you mention that. I was JUST looking at that, too. The Gilt prices seem pretty good and the original prices seem to be the actual original prices. Still, I know nothing about the brand.

Particularly, the Ledger Boots (both black and oxblood) caught my eye. Alas, they don't seem to carry size 12 in black, and the oxblood is juuuuust a little too red for me. The "earth" color would be just fine in my book if it didn't look a little distressed. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It could just be the contrast stitching. Either way, I'd like them to be a bit dressier.

Comment

Agreed! I was looking at the same. Also 20% off using my20. So that may help you pull the trigger.

-Maximus

Comment

If they had my size in black, it would probably be a done deal so maybe it's a good thing that they don't.

Comment

yeah. I have never actually ordered anything from Gilt. But a ton of their deals are pretty good. I always get kind of sketched out when the return policy is for credit only. Not a full refund, unless you spend over a certain amount.

-Maximus

Comment

The code didn't work for me. I'm gonna pass.

Comment

hmmm...I am trying to remember where I saw it. It was either through email or on their home page.

-Maximus

Comment

I got a code in email today. It is GILT20.

Comment

The code My20 only works if it's for your first order

Comment

I ordered the Ledger boots in "earth". Ill let you guys know what theyre like when they arrive! I also just got a pair of red wing iron rangers in amber saddle off e-bay, and that should do for my winter boot collection. Although im still tempted to get a wingtip boot.

Comment

Well I've got the Staffords wingtips and AE Bayfield cap toes. I live in TX so maybe two pairs is all I need. I'm still curious, though.

Comment

Ya if I get over to Buffalo anytime soon I am going to stop in and check out the Staffords. Rave reviews for the price, and they look pretty good!

Comment

I'm wearing mine again today. Not too shabby, really. I was surprised.

Comment

I will vouch for Generic Surplus. Quality is good as is fit.

Comment

My boots just came in. I put them on and they fit TTS, unlike most other boots where you need to size down a bit in my experience. They look pretty sharp. For the price I paid I would say they were definitely worth it. I was a little less excited about them because they came shipped with my pair of Amber Iron Rangers that arrived at the same time, and those boots are a work of art. They serve very different purposes though, and I was still very pleased with them.

I will post pictures when i wear them, which may be tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X