Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@andrawsda, at the risk of you jacking this thread too, what are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@andrawsda, at the risk of you jacking this thread too, what are you doing?

Upping old threads and depositing unintelligible gibberish. Perhaps, I am missing something here? Does your PC have a virus?

Probably just good ol' spam.

Comment

Yup... most likely just a spam-bot.

Ben

Comment

bruschetta - You are a saint for deleting his crap.

Comment

This makes me wonder if the new forum software will have some type of user verfication during sign up. I think that will cut down on some of the spam.

Comment

nicholascrawford, I only deleted ~2 pages before you guys jumped in to help. I think that there were 5 pages total. It was a group effort. I can't believe how many posts that guy made before we caught him.

bremersm, Paul and the Mods (sounds like a 1960's band name) are discussing methods to prevent this from happening in the future. Please feel welcome to post any of your ideas in this thread. Any ideas that can help us cut down on spam would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I don't even understand the logic of that spam. Do they actually get sales and notable traffic? I haven't encountered anyone who is involved enough with the web to use forums regularly, but also falls for spam posts...

Comment

What platform does the current system use? And what will the new system be?

Comment

Cool, we got our own version of Hurricane Sandy before the real one hit.

Comment

Working...
                  X