Collars on shirts when on hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collars on shirts when on hangers

Is there any method to my madness in thinking that standing the collars up on my shirts while they are on hangers will help maintain their "crispness"? Maybe this is just something I have created in my head. Anyone else do this, or do you just keep them folded over? Maybe it has to do with all those low grade shirts I used to buy, and Express shirts that are notorious for failing collars.

No.

Comment

I generally keep mine upright. It's more often just due to the way they come out of the dryer though (i.e. I don't have anything against having them folded down on the hanger)

Comment

I'm not sure why it would... If you want to keep them crisp try heavy starch on the collar only when you iron.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I definitely do this as well. If for no other reason than to keep them from getting odd creases as i move shirt back and forth on the bar. My wife thinks i am crazy and that is really doesn't matter.

I started doing this on my polo's most because i was sick of developing a crease in the top of the collar. i prefer polo collars to roll over if you know what i mean. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

MidwestDad - I knew I wasn't alone on this!! I can not stand when a polo shirt develops a permanent crease, or when the leaf of a collar on a dress shirt starts to develop odd deformities and creases. I just feel like the less time the collars spend folded over the longer the will maintain their inner structure.

Comment

Working...
            X