Hard Sole Shoe Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Sole Shoe Help

I have a few pair of hard sole shoes that I would like to limit the "noise." I teach a really old building with hard wood floors and the hard shoes make a lot of noise as I walk around. Any ideas? Is there something that can be added to the soles?

You could add rubber taps. I don't have any experience with them personally, but I believe it's a pretty cheap solution that any shoe repair place could help with.

It's funny you mention this, because I always feel like I have louder footsteps then most of my male coworkers as well.

Comment

I will be receiving my rubber taps (Topy) this weekend. I'll let you know my experience!

Comment

Picked up my topys, it definitely reduces the leather click clack sound in case you were still wondering.

Comment

I would just embrace the noise. Keeps the student awake!

Comment

@Alan, very true...it just annoys me more than them proably!

@Acousticfoodie, I checked there website, how did you know which ones to order? Which ones are those that you have?

Comment

@David: Oh I have them put on by a cobbler. Should be between 20-30 bucks for service and the copy they provide. Some places may do it for 15. When they wear out, they can just apply another one. Saves money on sole replacements.

Comment

Wow, I had those on a pair of shoes I had and I hated them, I actually pryed them off, I don't like that most of my weight is resting on a small piece of plastic that is unevenly worn

I don't mind the noise, it amplifies the swagger in my walk hah.

Comment

Dear Alan,

Ah, but how can a teacher sneak up on a student?

Comment

@David: just to be clear, The topy refers to the black rubber mat on the sole of the shoe. The other thing I have is a heel tap on the heel which doesn't really correlate with less noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X