X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printyra
    replied
    Clarence is still great.

Cyndy's did a great job on my alterations. They are located in Hyde Park across the street from the Hyde Park Kroger. They are more centrally located. I highly recommend you guys check them out. They said my alterations (4 sport coats - 4 sleeve shortenings & 1 bringing out) cost $110 and they were ready and waiting for me. My problem with Paul was that it seemed his place was overloaded with work & I would wait a week, then call to check up on my order, and they still would not have started it. Cyndy's is much closer to my location anyways so it works out for me.

Also, a spot for dapper Cincinnatians to check out: 45/46 Men's Fine Apparel in Hyde Park on Erie across from Tellers, Graeters, Arthurs. They are haberdashery and also an Allen Edmonds retailer. They have a nice collection of all sport coats, ties, jeans, shirts, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied
    @printyra & @ryan3: Took your advice and went to see Clarence this weekend... Thanks for the recommendation, I had a great experience! His grandson was working away at one of the machines, so hopefully his shop will be in operation for a long time to come!

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    I am trying out a new tailor. Cyndy's Alterations on Paxton in the Hyde Park/Oakley area. I will let you guys know how it works out for me.

I became frustrated with the service at Alterations While You Wait because it always seemed like they were overloaded with work. I would wait an entire week, call up there, and they would not have even started my pieces. Also, I was not pleased with the quality of the work as well. I just think he has too much on his plate and cannot provide high-quality service to every customer that comes in.

I dropped off 4 sport coats at Cyndy's and I will let you know how they work out for me in a week.

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    That is good to hear. I need to go to the tailor sometime soon.

But Cincy folks must definitely check out Clarence the shoe cobbler in Pleasant Ridge. He is the best and his prices are great.

Leave a comment:

• davidw25
    replied
    So I just went to Alterations While you Wait, I had 4 suit/sport coat sleeves shortened, 1 jacket brought in, and 2 pair of pants hemmed 220 bucks. Not bad over all, the most expensive by far was bringing in the suit jacket. The owner Paul was awesome to work with!

Leave a comment:

• Lukeduke
    replied

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• ryan3
    replied

Off topic, but pertinent to dapper Cincinnatians, if you need a shoe cobbler, see Clarence Howell in Pleasant Ridge. Great work, great prices.

Leave a comment:

• ryan3
    replied

Yea, I go to Paul at Alterations While You Wait. He does good work and will make things how you want them. His prices are very reasonable. He can indeed do "alterations while you wait," though it is limited based on personnel working and the alterations you want made. At times they seem backed up and alterations can take a week to do. Your best bet is to go in early on a Wednesday. That is when the main seamstress is there and they can make most alterations happen that same day.

Leave a comment:

• thinker_random
    replied

I will have to check out Wittmann Custom Tailor in Dayton. It's not too far from where I am living and was just wondering the other day if there were any good tailors around Dayton.

Leave a comment:

• Lukeduke
    replied

Actually, that's the place I was going to check out this weekend. Wasn't sure what to think based on the name alone, so it's nice to hear the endorsement.

Leave a comment:

• ryan3
    replied

Unfortunately, I also live in the Hell hole of Cincinnati... Good news is that I have a decent tailor in your area. It is called Alterations While You Wait. http://www.alterationswhileyouwait.com/

His name is Paul Cariaga. He is located in Glendale, the Historic District across the street from the Cock & Bull Pub there by the train tracks.

Leave a comment:

• wsupjs
    replied

I work with a guy in Loveland call the tailor's touch. It's only one guy so some projects take longer than other shops, but his work is good and prices are reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied

Magic Needle Alterations on Mason-Montgomery Road. Sounds like it may be the place you have been. Communication has been an issue there for me. Minor alterations to dress and casual shirts have worked out well, but having them do alterations to a suit could be tricky, depending on what you needed done. I might have to check out one of the places mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• davidw25
    replied

@sabrown, which one is it in Mason? I have been to one for a pair of jeans, but had a lot of trouble speaking with the husband and wife who were working. For hemming a pair of pants I am fine with that, but when I am going to have a suit fixed I would like to be able to talk to the person doing the work.

Leave a comment:

• Lukeduke
    replied

I live between Cincinnati and Dayton as well and have struggled to find a tailor that does quality work. I work in downtown Cincinnati and drive past Nobby Custom Tailors everyday, which looks promising but I've never taken the time to stop in. There's a place in Glendale I'm considering checking out this weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X