No announcement yet.

Tailor near Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just went to Alterations While you Wait, I had 4 suit/sport coat sleeves shortened, 1 jacket brought in, and 2 pair of pants hemmed 220 bucks. Not bad over all, the most expensive by far was bringing in the suit jacket. The owner Paul was awesome to work with!

Comment

That is good to hear. I need to go to the tailor sometime soon.

But Cincy folks must definitely check out Clarence the shoe cobbler in Pleasant Ridge. He is the best and his prices are great.

Comment

I am trying out a new tailor. Cyndy's Alterations on Paxton in the Hyde Park/Oakley area. I will let you guys know how it works out for me.

I became frustrated with the service at Alterations While You Wait because it always seemed like they were overloaded with work. I would wait an entire week, call up there, and they would not have even started my pieces. Also, I was not pleased with the quality of the work as well. I just think he has too much on his plate and cannot provide high-quality service to every customer that comes in.

I dropped off 4 sport coats at Cyndy's and I will let you know how they work out for me in a week.

Comment

@printyra & @ryan3: Took your advice and went to see Clarence this weekend... Thanks for the recommendation, I had a great experience! His grandson was working away at one of the machines, so hopefully his shop will be in operation for a long time to come!

Comment

Clarence is still great.

Cyndy's did a great job on my alterations. They are located in Hyde Park across the street from the Hyde Park Kroger. They are more centrally located. I highly recommend you guys check them out. They said my alterations (4 sport coats - 4 sleeve shortenings & 1 bringing out) cost $110 and they were ready and waiting for me. My problem with Paul was that it seemed his place was overloaded with work & I would wait a week, then call to check up on my order, and they still would not have started it. Cyndy's is much closer to my location anyways so it works out for me.

Also, a spot for dapper Cincinnatians to check out: 45/46 Men's Fine Apparel in Hyde Park on Erie across from Tellers, Graeters, Arthurs. They are haberdashery and also an Allen Edmonds retailer. They have a nice collection of all sport coats, ties, jeans, shirts, etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X