Tailor near Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailor near Cincinnati

I am looking for a tailor near Cincinnati. It would be best if they were on the north side. Even better if they are up around the 275 loop. Looking for something with a good recommendation. I have searched online and none seem to have more than 3 or 4 reviews.

Thanks in advance

I know a tailor in Dayton, which is well outside your range, unfortunately.

Comment

Actually, I live almost right between the two, just figured I would get more responses for Cincy. What do you have in Dayton?

Comment

This was a timely post... I was actually going to ask the same question. There is an alterations place down the street from me in Mason that has done some good work on dress and casual shirts, but I was wondering if anyone knew of another good tailor in Cincinnati or Dayton too. I agree it is hard to find any good recommendations on the internet.

Comment

I recommend Wittmann Custom Tailor.

http://www.daytontailor.com

Comment

I live between Cincinnati and Dayton as well and have struggled to find a tailor that does quality work. I work in downtown Cincinnati and drive past Nobby Custom Tailors everyday, which looks promising but I've never taken the time to stop in. There's a place in Glendale I'm considering checking out this weekend.

Comment

@sabrown, which one is it in Mason? I have been to one for a pair of jeans, but had a lot of trouble speaking with the husband and wife who were working. For hemming a pair of pants I am fine with that, but when I am going to have a suit fixed I would like to be able to talk to the person doing the work.

Comment

Magic Needle Alterations on Mason-Montgomery Road. Sounds like it may be the place you have been. Communication has been an issue there for me. Minor alterations to dress and casual shirts have worked out well, but having them do alterations to a suit could be tricky, depending on what you needed done. I might have to check out one of the places mentioned above.

Comment

I work with a guy in Loveland call the tailor's touch. It's only one guy so some projects take longer than other shops, but his work is good and prices are reasonable.

Comment

Unfortunately, I also live in the Hell hole of Cincinnati... Good news is that I have a decent tailor in your area. It is called Alterations While You Wait. http://www.alterationswhileyouwait.com/

His name is Paul Cariaga. He is located in Glendale, the Historic District across the street from the Cock & Bull Pub there by the train tracks.

Comment

Actually, that's the place I was going to check out this weekend. Wasn't sure what to think based on the name alone, so it's nice to hear the endorsement.

Comment

I will have to check out Wittmann Custom Tailor in Dayton. It's not too far from where I am living and was just wondering the other day if there were any good tailors around Dayton.

Comment

Yea, I go to Paul at Alterations While You Wait. He does good work and will make things how you want them. His prices are very reasonable. He can indeed do "alterations while you wait," though it is limited based on personnel working and the alterations you want made. At times they seem backed up and alterations can take a week to do. Your best bet is to go in early on a Wednesday. That is when the main seamstress is there and they can make most alterations happen that same day.

Comment

Off topic, but pertinent to dapper Cincinnatians, if you need a shoe cobbler, see Clarence Howell in Pleasant Ridge. Great work, great prices.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                              X