Cleaning & Restoration - Leather Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning & Restoration - Leather Shoes

Can someone quickly and concisely tell me what I need to buy to restore a pair of black leather shoes before tomorrow. I wore them pretty well and I haven't touched them in a while. They have very noticeable wear and creasing on the leather that I'd like to reduce if possible.

My goal is to make them functional again by giving them some shine back, making them look less worn and reducing blemishes. Basically a facelift to put them back in the rotation temporarily.

I have done a bit of searching and I just have ended up confused. It looks like there are cleaning products, polishes, oils, waxes, etc etc etc. I've read articles that say to apply one thing and leave it for a while, buff it out and then apply something else. I even read one guide that recommended applying pine gum!

Please help guys, I'm lost. How do I do a bit of restoration on these things (cheaply) to get them back into the rotation temporarily? They are cheap shoes, so that's why I mentioned cheaply (I'm not resoling these or taking them to a cobbler or anything).

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Cheaply - buy black shoe creme, rub it on kinda thickly (not globs) with some paper towels, let it sit for 10 minutes, then buff it off with an old white t-shirt.

I've done that process quite a few times on cheaper shoes that I just wanted to be black again.

Comment

Lexol Leather Conditioner does wonders for restoring old leather. Great on shoes. $6 for an 8 ounce bottle at Wal-Mart. Look for it in the automotive department.

I rub in on with my finger, let dry, then buff with a horsehair brush. Although, I have a pair of black shoes where the leather is softer than my other shoes. The conditioner dulls the shoe a little so a little bit of cream or wax polish is needed to get a shine.

Comment

Conditioner and then black shoe cream. Thanks guys!

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Has anyone had luck finding shoe cream right at walmart? I'm wondering if I can do a one-stop-shop.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.

Comment

Moores or menswearhouse should carry shoe cream.

FYI

1.Leather Conditioner & Cleaner

2. Shoe CREAM (let sit as per instructions, this will actually dye the shoe, use a applicator brush if possible)

3. Shoe POLISH (I find brushes like the AE ones, are terrible for polish and use a cloth/sponge) now you can use a very slightly damp brush to add more shine before buffing etc.

Comment

These online assemblages also suggests you various menus for you meals When it is able to pay more attention to the quality and fit,louis vuitton online store, it will have good reputation in the fashionable industry Some of the TV shows that you will watch from theinternet can never be aired in the main networks

related articles?
                <ul>[*]louis vuitton spv765[*]www.seniorlouisvuittonpurses.com rju794[*]louis vuitton jaa618[/list]

Comment

Working...
                X