Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banana Republic/Gap--unacceptably slow processing and shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sierra.alpha
    replied
    Agreed- it took them 10 days to deliver my order few months ago.
    Since then, I just shop in BR brick and mortar stores only.

Leave a comment:

• TheMimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
    #firstworldproblems

This is par for ground shipping with estimated times. If you need it by a certain day, go with air shipping and guaranteed delivery.
    I wouldn't call it a problem really. I do find the ground shipping slow, but as I said, I only use it when I am in no hurry to receive the items. Otherwise, I just pay for the slightly faster shipping.

That being said, these companies tend to surprise ya, I find my orders arriving within days at times and weeks at others.

One thing is certain, the customer service is always wonderful when you call regarding anything.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    I ordered a polo on 3/13 at 2:15 ET and received it today. Not too bad for ground shipping.

Leave a comment:

• TDurden
    replied
    BR takes forever, especially with their "processing" time. I ordered something - contacted them an hour later and asked if I could upgrade (and pay) for expedited shipping to receive an item in time for a trip i was taking. They said no. Took four more days of "processing" time. Something about how pulling my order will slow down everybody's order. Maybe so, but Amazon and JCrew will move heaven and earth to make things like that right. One reason why I've pretty much stopped shopping BR online.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied
    #firstworldproblems

This is par for ground shipping with estimated times. If you need it by a certain day, go with air shipping and guaranteed delivery.

Leave a comment:

• cubist_zirconia
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
    Did you select the free shipping?

What I hate is that I will sometimes choose to pay for shipping from BR ($7) and they STILL use FedEx Smartpost (this is where FedEx delivers to USPS, and USPS deliver to you). It is the worst shipping service I'm aware of.

I expect far better if I'm actually paying for shipping.
    That's funny, I think it's the best shipping service. Sure it takes an extra day but it means I don't have to sit around at work and worry about weather or not somone will be there to accept the package. The mail carrier can just use his secret mailman key and leave it in the locked vestibule.

Taking a bus to the FedEx depot is a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I have ordered quite a bit lately from BR (Canada) and the delivery time (free) is awesome! I will recieve to my door within 3-4 days of ordering. I just ordered something on Sunday and I should get it today.....unless I just jinxed it, lol

Leave a comment:

• dstepner
    replied
    Maybe it's different in Can, but I've always found it to be on my doorstep within a week even with free shipping

Leave a comment:

• TheMimbo
    replied
    Took em 4-5 days to get my orders shipped. They're saying another 8 to my door. I only order when I'm not in a hurry cause they are slow.

Leave a comment:

• jake89
    replied
    How its been lately?
    I ordered a few things online - seems to be taking forever.

Leave a comment:

• joseph
    replied

they have been very slow lately

even a few months ago, they were very on point with the delivery

Leave a comment:

• jonATL
    replied

I guess results may vary. I ordered two pairs of pants Tuesday night, selected Free 7-9-day shipping, and apparently they are already out for delivery and will likely be sitting on my doorstep when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAD91
    replied

Did you select the free shipping?

What I hate is that I will sometimes choose to pay for shipping from BR ($7) and they STILL use FedEx Smartpost (this is where FedEx delivers to USPS, and USPS deliver to you). It is the worst shipping service I'm aware of.

I expect far better if I'm actually paying for shipping.

Leave a comment:

• saleen
    replied

I had this problem recently with DSW. Ordered on a Saturday. Would have been fine if that meant it dind't get processed until Monday, or maybe even Tuesday. But it didn't ship until yesterday. Pretty frustrating when their shipping is super slow anyways.

Shipping where it has to eventually go through USPS can take forever!! This is why I love Zappos when the stuff you order shows up the very next day.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

I agree that they take forever. I'm guessing that they got hammered with orders during the Wednesday 40% coupon but they should be equipped to handle the extra orders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X