Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banana Republic/Gap--unacceptably slow processing and shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Republic/Gap--unacceptably slow processing and shipping?

I ordered something three-five day shipping last Wednesday. It's 8 days later, and now my tracking number states "Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery." For a grand total of 10 days since I ordered an item. I've had stuff take 2+ weeks from Gap, while from Land's End, JCrew, LL Bean, Amazon, it's never, ever more than five days. It took BR four days to even process and ship the order. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive about this, but when I pay more for shipping, I don't expect it to take 10 days. It's really making me reevaluate whether I'll order from them, unless it's something that is in no way time-sensitive.

Happened to me. I ordered the bridgecoat last Wednesday. Called them yesterday, and they say it didnt even ship until Monday.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Comment

I agree that they take forever. I'm guessing that they got hammered with orders during the Wednesday 40% coupon but they should be equipped to handle the extra orders.

Comment

I had this problem recently with DSW. Ordered on a Saturday. Would have been fine if that meant it dind't get processed until Monday, or maybe even Tuesday. But it didn't ship until yesterday. Pretty frustrating when their shipping is super slow anyways.

Shipping where it has to eventually go through USPS can take forever!! This is why I love Zappos when the stuff you order shows up the very next day.

Comment

Did you select the free shipping?

What I hate is that I will sometimes choose to pay for shipping from BR ($7) and they STILL use FedEx Smartpost (this is where FedEx delivers to USPS, and USPS deliver to you). It is the worst shipping service I'm aware of.

I expect far better if I'm actually paying for shipping.

Comment

I guess results may vary. I ordered two pairs of pants Tuesday night, selected Free 7-9-day shipping, and apparently they are already out for delivery and will likely be sitting on my doorstep when I get home.

Comment

they have been very slow lately

even a few months ago, they were very on point with the delivery

Comment

How its been lately?
                I ordered a few things online - seems to be taking forever.

Comment

Took em 4-5 days to get my orders shipped. They're saying another 8 to my door. I only order when I'm not in a hurry cause they are slow.

Comment

Maybe it's different in Can, but I've always found it to be on my doorstep within a week even with free shipping

Comment

I have ordered quite a bit lately from BR (Canada) and the delivery time (free) is awesome! I will recieve to my door within 3-4 days of ordering. I just ordered something on Sunday and I should get it today.....unless I just jinxed it, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                        Did you select the free shipping?

What I hate is that I will sometimes choose to pay for shipping from BR ($7) and they STILL use FedEx Smartpost (this is where FedEx delivers to USPS, and USPS deliver to you). It is the worst shipping service I'm aware of.

I expect far better if I'm actually paying for shipping.
                        That's funny, I think it's the best shipping service. Sure it takes an extra day but it means I don't have to sit around at work and worry about weather or not somone will be there to accept the package. The mail carrier can just use his secret mailman key and leave it in the locked vestibule.

Taking a bus to the FedEx depot is a nightmare.

Comment

#firstworldproblems

This is par for ground shipping with estimated times. If you need it by a certain day, go with air shipping and guaranteed delivery.

Comment

BR takes forever, especially with their "processing" time. I ordered something - contacted them an hour later and asked if I could upgrade (and pay) for expedited shipping to receive an item in time for a trip i was taking. They said no. Took four more days of "processing" time. Something about how pulling my order will slow down everybody's order. Maybe so, but Amazon and JCrew will move heaven and earth to make things like that right. One reason why I've pretty much stopped shopping BR online.

Comment

I ordered a polo on 3/13 at 2:15 ET and received it today. Not too bad for ground shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X