Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on these LEC v-necks?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-387331_X1.html

the pewter heather and true navy, with the 30% off coupon, come out to 49.11 shipped with tax. that seems pretty awesome.

any experience with these?

I've had nothing but bad experiences with LEC sweaters. The sleeves are longer than other brands and the overall fit is loose.

I'm not generally a fan of thin cotton sweaters. They're never warm enough. For about the same price you can find something merino from just about anywhere.

Comment

A bit random that I'm wearing my first sweater of the season today, and its the one you linked to.

I normally wear 33 sleeves and these run long. If I don't pull them up like model in the picture it just looks wrinkled and weird. For $50 I think you can do much better with an extra fine merino or really anything that's wool as opposed to cotton.

Comment

Yeah, I spent a lot of money last season on what looked like a really nice heavy weight cardigan (something like $200 full price I think?)

In a size medium, I measured the sleeves at THIRTY SIX inches.

It's pretty normal body length, so I can't figure out who they designed the thing for. Tall people who want to show off their navels maybe?

Comment

The plates of these flat irons are designed with ceramic chi ceramic flat iron and tourmaline, offering superior performance while protecting the users and their hair. Using these irons, you do not need to stand close to the electrical chi straightener canada power supply source when straightening your hair. They do not cause friction and can give even heating throughout the hair. Aside from that, they also do not cause the chi straightening irons website formation of local heating spots which can create damage to the hair. The negative ion technology of these Chi flat irons helps preserve the moisture and natural CHI Straightener oil content of the hair keeping it healthy, shiny and well nourished. Many users from different parts of the world find chi flat iron to be the best hair CHI Straighteners products available in the market because they are compact and portable. It is very easy to fit in these flat irons into your hand or travel bag. Wherever you CHI Flat Iron Pink want to go.

Comment

Wait for a 40% off and get the Banana Republic extra-fine Merino for about $35. It's received a good deal of praise on Dappered, and it does not disappoint. I bought my fourth yesterday, great feel, perfect fit and v-neck dip, perfect for layering. I get hot pretty easily, and I have no problem with this over a button-up in a fairly crowded bar.

Comment

i just got a merino for 35 and it's nice. but the true navy of this one came to 17.50. that's a pretty good deal.

Comment

They appear to be very similar to the cotton v-nack sweater vests I got last year, but are in a long-sleeve version. I've been very satisfied with the material and construction. The weave is rather flat and makes for easy layering. If you're a wool fan then obviously these won't work. But for what they are, I've found mine to be a solid choice. Of course, I don't have any experience with LE or LEC sweaters that actually have arms. :-)

EDIT: I take that back. I have one full sweater (a heavy, collared one), and sure enough... The arms are long on it.

Comment

The arms on my shawl cardigan from LEC are a little on the long side as well.

Comment

the arms on my LEC cardigan are fine, or at least, i haven't noticed them being too long.

i ordered it before anyone posted in this thread. i'll let y'all know.

Comment

It helps if I kind of force the shoulder/armpit area up/in a little because when I first slide it on the armpit area is kinda droopy. Just a little too long to show some shirt cuff without the sleeve being wrinkled.

Comment

I just got the Navy in medium. The sleeves are about an inch too long on me. I like between 33.5 and 34. The chest is a smidge tighter than I would prefer with an oxford underneath(I have a 41' chest). Length is good(I am 6'1)

Comment

i don't find the sleeves too long. or really, i find *all* sleeves too long. i have to cuff literally every one of my sweaters. i own a couple of the LEC ones you linked and they're no different, but imo, they're no worse either. they fit okay. i had to send mine through the washer/dryer a couple times to get it to a point where i was satisfied with the fit, but now i like them a lot, especially the sorrel one.

Comment

perfect length.

Comment

Working...
                            X