Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hornsup84
    replied

My usual throw-in as a PSA here (however, not legal advice, see a tax accountant, etc.) -- you'll only get a tax deduction for the donation if you're itemizing your deductions. Standard deduction takers don't get the benefit. That being said, you still get to feel like you're doing something good and be all warm inside (and it's significantly easier than selling on ebay or consignment).

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied

Sell 'em at consignment shop or put them up on eBay if they are brands with good resale value. If not, just donate them to a charity thrift store and take the tax deduction.

Or you can use 'em to TIE-dye eggs, which actually look pretty cool:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/03/...-aka-tie-dyed/

Leave a comment:

• mdwsta4
    started a topic What to do with old ties?

What to do with old ties?

I purchased a new tie rack today and decided to clean out my collection. Here are some I haven't worn in years for many reasons, but mostly now because they're extremely wide (3.5" plus except the 1.5-2" ties on the far left).

What do you do with old ties? I wouldn't mind saving a few of them if possible, but not sure it's worth the hassle of having them remade (which I assume is possible) to a more reasonable 2.5-2.75" width.

Working...
X