Letting out off the rack suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting out off the rack suit

I just received a skinny fit suit from Asos that fits perfectly everywhere but the waist. It is a one button, and often feels just a bit tight at the button on the jacket (right at my gut). This varies depending on the time of day, how hydrated I am, et cetera, but enough that I think having it let out just a bit would feel a lot better. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

It should be. Take it to a tailor and ask them. They can typically bring a jacket out an inch or two.

Comment

Thanks so much. That was the plan but I figured it would be easier to look stupid on the internet than in person, you know?

Comment

Well, the only way to really tell is to find out how much fabric is available to let out. It's not directly related, but usually more expensive jackets have more allowance, and less expensive jackets may have almost none, since it's more costly to use more excess fabric.

The best way to find out is to ask your tailor. Even if he says it can't be done, no harm, nobody looks stupid for asking a question like this.

Comment

In your situation, it doesnt sound like you need a lot. You just need an inch or less to accommodate your lunch.

Comment

Working...
          X