This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy S III

Think I will probably buy this tomorrow. Any one else have it? Do you like it?

Uh oh. You should see what happened to the iPhone 5 thread.

Comment

Why would you get that piece of junk when you can get an iPhone 5? I'm just kidding. I don't have the S3, but it looks like a great phone. My main issue with the S3 is the size...it's huge for a phone. That obviously has its pluses and minuses but for me, I like a phone that fits in my pocket and feels good in my hands. I've seen people with the S3 on the train and it looks like they are holding a small tablet instead of a phone.

Comment

What do phones have to do with style?

Comment

Everything!

Comment

@kbrown - While this probably doesn't belong in the Clothing section, phones definitely have a fashionable purpose included in their designs.

People don't just buy a Mercedes because it gets them from point A to B unnoticed.

Haven't you seen all those decorated cases, phone wallpapers, fancy finishes, big branding, etc.?

Comment

@jose_jackson Where are you from. The American version of the Galaxy S3 is not that much of an upgrade from the S2, but if you can get a hold of the international version of the S3 then it is an absolutely amazing piece of technology

Comment

@risingstars - What are the differences?

Comment

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...galaxy-s3.html

Comment

I had one for about 3 hours, a few weeks ago. Didn't have the time to play with it a lot, the screen was defective (it stayed black after being locked for 10-15 minutes). It bought the last one in store since they were $0 for the weekend; they couldn't exchange it for another one, so I had to go back with my old phone. Like Juan said, I thought it was a bit big (current iPhone 3GS owner), but I guess you get used to it.

However, unless you really want the S3, you should at least wait until after the October 29 Android event. The new Nexus is coming, it could be a solid choice. Or maybe check the other new or future releases, like the Droid RAZR HD or HTC One X+ (can you tell I'm looking for a new phone ?).

Comment

Posting a big yes from my galaxy s3

Comment

I like the S3's design and (despite its size) it does not feel large in your hand. I got used to it very quickly after playing with my dad's S3.

Other than that, go to the store and play with the S3. As an iPhone loyalist, the S3 almost made me switch.

(friends also have iPhones so it was easier to get an iPhone 5 and be compatible with them).

Comment

I think I may like the bigger screen. I like smaller laptops and think the iphone may be too small. I like that it's sorta like a mini tablet. Will have to see how it fits in my suit pant pocket, though.

@Jessy: While I may benefit from waiting a little bit, I think you could always say "why don't you wait for X to come out" with phones. Those devices might turn out to be amazing phones, but they could also be duds. At least the S3 is pretty well established as a superior phone.

Btw didn't mean to post this in clothing.

Comment

I have two iPhone 4s(S)s thanks to work, and they fit fine in the same pocket. Helps to distract from other large pant bulges.

Comment

i have a galaxy note and my only qualm with it is the dated version of android/touchwiz it's running. i like the siii, but i like my note more. i'd skip the siii and go for the note 2, which is essentially a bigger version of the siii. from what tinkering i've done with the note 2, the siii should be a pretty solid upgrade in terms of ui to the sii/older touchwiz.

Comment

Working...
                              X