No announcement yet.

Maratac Pilot watch, Now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had mine for about two years, and I can tell you that while it is a little large, it is amazing. I managed to fit one of the leather straps from Michaels featured on reddit as well. It took a little doing but it is wonderful.

Comment

@Margatron Would you be able to post your wrist size? Because that doesn't look bad at all and your wrists look to be about the same size as mine. Thanks!

Comment

Does that thing double as a dinner plate?

Comment

Random aside, I always thought I had a relatively large wrist, but I finally actually measured it with string (vs. haphazardly using a straight ruler)... a little over 8". Now I understand why you guys worry about watch size so much in comparison. I'll figure out how to post pictures once I get it for the larger-wristed folk out there once it comes in.

Comment

@adivvela - For your wrist size, I would wait for the mid size watch. IMHO, 46MM is huge for a watch and hard to pull off with a small wrist. For me, the sweet spot in watch size is 37MM-40MM. If you ask the Watch Snob, he says 39MM is the ideal size for most people.

Comment

I dug these pics up for the main Dappered site, but since I have the links I'll post them here as well. Unless you have a 7+" wrist, I'd say it's better to stick with the mid-size, especially due to the style of watch, which tends to wear on the large side. Here's a side-by-side of the 39mm and 46mm on two different 6.5" wrists:

Source.

Ben

Comment

@BenR - Thanks for digging these up; I've got a 7'' wrist, so this just made my decision much easier.

Comment

That certainly puts things in perspective. 46mm should be reserved for skydiving enthusiasts.

Comment

Hahaha. I'll put up my wrist size in about an hour. I agree it looks large on that 6.5 wrist. Wondering what mine will be

Comment

FWIW, a poll on Watchuseek that's accumulated 450+ votes suggests the mode for wrist size (the tip of the bell curve and the most common size) is 6.5-6.75". I haven't done the math, but at some point someone calculated the median as right around 7". It seems common for guys to assume that they have smaller-than-average wrists when they actually have average wrists, or average wrists when they have larger-than-average wrists. Not sure why that is.

Here's the link for that poll.

Ben

Comment

@Juan, @BenR, thanks for the advice and info Gents!

Comment

Random aside, and for those wondering about shipping, I just got my shipping notification: Ordered yesterday, shipped today and is due to arrive (in NYC) next Tuesday via UPS Ground.

Comment

@margotron - mind me asking where the brown leather strap is from?

Comment

@JEH - the strap is actually an Invicta strap taken off a different watch. I am not sure if the strap is sold separately, but I absolutely LOVE it. There is a similar strap called the Hirsch Liberty in Brown.

Comment

@deebs - you have GOT to be kidding me hahaha. oh man. that is wild. we have been playing tag on this forum for a couple weeks (wingtip boots, watches, etc. Just go check out our post histories).

Btw - I was wearing the JCP Wingtip boots at Aaron's apt, the one's I modified. What did you think? This is tooooo funny. Great meeting you man.

Btw^2 - grats on the watch

Comment

Working...
                                X