Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saks & BB outlet store, what to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saks & BB outlet store, what to look for?

I will be venturing to the local outlet mall today. I am already familiar with the offerings at stores like Gap, Levi's, Johnston & Murphy, and J. Crew. I have never found my way into Saks and Brooks Brothers. I plan on changing that, and will be making a point to visit them today. Any suggestions on specific bargains and offerings that may be found at these stores that I should keep a vigilant eye out for? I have never owned anything from either store, and would greatly appreciate any help in suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid. Thanks!

Saks really depends on the store and what sales they have. If you're near a major metropolitan area you're going to have better luck. I got this ridiculous Lutwyche SC a month or so ago at the Saks Off 5th near Philly. 100% cashmere, fully canvassed, lots of hand work, retail $2,895, I paid $299.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/79083/re...0#post_5758372

There are deals to be found but it depends if your store gets any mainline Saks stuff (like that SC) or mostly outlet stuff.

BB outlets usually carry the 346 outlet line. The shirts I believe are the same as the mainline BB, with a different label. The sweaters often are too, but not always. I'm a bit hesitant to recommend the suits and SCs because they are a diffusion line, but again not always. Do the pinch test on the jackets, if it's fully canvassed then it's probably the 1818 line with the label replaced. This will be a great deal! If you find any "Peal & Co" shoes then you've really lucked out. BB's Peal line are made by Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, and a few Loake. If you find your size at an outlet this is an affordable way to get some really nice shoes.

Happy bargain hunting!

Comment

@Fred, Thanks!!

I'm Trying to systematically step up my wardrobe, and understand what quality is worth what cost. Hopefully I will have some great finds when I return.

Comment

Unfortunately, I've had trouble finding deals at the Saks outlet. You can get good prices on top-end Hickey Freeman suits, but they'll still run you in the $400 range. Their shoe selection is pretty pathetic, IMO. And everything still costs more than what most people here want to pay.

As for the Brooks Brothers outlet, their stuff isn't quite as up to snuff as their regular stores. I can't speak for other locations, but mine rarely sees anything that's been bussed in from their main line stores. If they do have some mainline stuff, then you might have a deal on your hands. I have yet to see many (if any) shoes at a BB outlet. When I do buy things that are 346, I stick to staples like shirts (their polos are great), ties... Stuff like that. I outfitted all my groomsmen with 346 cufflinks.

Comment

I went to a BB outlet, and they only had the bigger Milano cut. And only one in a 37R or 38R. Uh...no thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X