Burberry Blazer, worth tailoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burberry Blazer, worth tailoring?

So I picked this up for $6 at the thrift store. Ignore the perceived stains on it, it's dust or something on my cell phone. I can't see any imperfections in it. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It fits fine in the shoulders, the length is good, but the waist is large. Large enough it puffs out in the back when I'm standing. I'm new to the whole looking nice idea, so I'm not too familiar with quality brands. I know Burberry's expensive so I decided to grab it despite the size. I'm not sure how much a tailor costs, so if it'll be a ton of money I'll probably just return it. I'm not that big of a fan of the gold buttons and blue blazer look.

put it on and take a picture... that'll give a better idea.

Comment

If the shoulders fit, then it's probably worth tailoring, especially if all you need is to have the waist brought in. You can easily swap the buttons out for some horn buttons if you want as well.

Comment

There's a good possibility the shoulders are too large, and it's only something that can be determined while wearing it.

Comment

Just some thrifting advice, you'll come across some fancy labels. I'd try to avoid that label fixation just because unless you've been doing it for a while you may not know what's a diffusion-line product and just buy it for the name. A lot of "Burberry's" included. That, by the way, is an old label, they haven't used it in a while (which is fine if you find something that you like and it's in good condition, but if you're new to thrifting you may end up bringing home a very out of style piece).

Regardless, as NC said, you need to make sure it fits in the shoulders before taking it home, and ideally pretty well in the chest too. Buttons can always be replaced. It just looks very old and loose and big in the photo, and I'm not sure how much tailoring will help make it look modern/new/bought for you.

Most places don't let you return by the way. Snap a pic for us and we can tell you more.

Comment

if it does fit in the shoulders, then sure keep it. also, dont forget you can always have the buttons replaced if you dont like the current metal ones.

Comment

Working...
            X