Jcrew Factory Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jcrew Factory Thompson

For 235. Have a wedding coming up in June and I am looking for a suit for the honeymoon. Those of you who have this, what are your thoughts. I feel like the general idea is that its a good buy, just trying to get some confirmation before I click purchase.

June? Wait for a better sale. Good buy at ~$200.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Dang, they go that low? I had no idea they got below 200. I have a black Perry Ellis suit I received as a graduation gift, hoping to upgrade it with this.

Comment

What Redford said. Just wait, you'll hit a sale.

Comment

I strongly recommend the Thompson, especially in navy. Gorgeous blue color. Superb off-the-track fit on the jacket. The only tailoring mine needed was having the sleeves shortened a bit.

The quality is not on par with, say, the standard J.Crew fare or SuitSupply, but then, those suits cost two or three times as much as the Thompson.

If the Thompson fits you without needing too many alterations, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better suit in the same price range.

Ben

Comment

Right now it is the about 285 and I have an extra 20% off. I was looking at the gray, I really like the blue as well. Are either more versatile? I am guessing the blue would be.

Comment

Navy and charcoal are probably the most versatile suit colors. Mid-grey isn't as conservative so it may not be as appropriate in very formal circumstances.

Ben

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! Anybody else know about this going below 200 bucks?

Comment

They'll run a 30% off promotion and drop the sale price a bit once every other month or so. We've seen it happen with the old JCF suit as well as with the current one. Sizes run low pretty quick but you have a good shot of grabbing the suit for very close to $200. With this one being 100% wool, I doubt we'll see it on sale as often or dropping perhaps quite as low as the previous iteration of the thompson, but I'm pretty confident you can snag it at $200.

Comment

Bought mine for $225. That's just about as low as they'll go.

Comment

I dont know about below 200 but it gets pretty close like $220ish. Definitely wait if you have until June.

I just returned the 80% wool darker one. The material is kinda thin. The lighter grey one isnt as light as the pictures if thats what youre worried about.

Comment

Actually its around $210 as I type this, thats about as good as its going to get if youre looking for one

Comment

I'd also check out a BAR III suit at Macys if that goes on sale too. I bought mine for next to nothing near the end of summer.

Comment

I went in and saw the grey one, it is way darker than the picture! I wish it was lighter. I went with the blue, ordered today 197 +tax. Threw in the grey blazer and blue peacoat to see how they are.

Comment

Hit.

I have 6 J Crew suits (3 factory) and am pleased with them all. I wear the 3 color variations of the Thompson suit weekly for work. But like others have said, try and wait until they dip at or below $200. Best bang for your buck IMO.

Here are the three colors offered:

Charcoal

Navy

Actually think this is navy too, but it's been 'instagrammed'

Comment

Working...
                              X