Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a photo posted on Dappered

Hi Everyone,

A while back there was a post on dappered containing a photo of a man wearing a blue blazer, pink bow tie, wingtips and he was sporting a shaved head, beard and ray-bans. If anyone knows the photo, could you please post a link? I have searched and searched without luck. Thanks!

On the threads or the main site? If it was on the main site it sounds like it could have been one of those '5 Favorites' features. If it was here, any idea what the thread topic was? Off the top of my head I can't think of who matches that physical description...

Comment

It was off the main site. Though I believe it was a post by a reader in response to one of Joe's posts. Possibly referring to the wingtips.

Comment

Funny that you ask about that photo, that's exactly how I want to wear a blue blazer with jeans and (what kind of resembles) my walnut strands.

I have it saved on my phone right now, I'll try to figure out how to get it linked up to here... In a minute.

Comment

The picture you describe reminded me of the pic towards the bottom of this article from EffortlessGent:

http://www.effortlessgent.com/there-...n-after-hours/

Comment

That's the one I have, I hate not having a computer at work.

That's a good look.

<a></a>

Comment

Perfect, thats the one! Thank you all so much.

Comment

Wore a similar look to this today, got a lot of compliments! Navy Merona blazer, light pink ESF CT shirt, dark wash levis, and though I wanted to wear walnut players I opted for brown suede chukkas instead because I was still at school (no tie either, top button open).

Comment

LosRockets, good to hear, I've liked this fit forever. Have had the jeans and Strands on deck for a couple months, I've been just waiting for the a blazer that fits good. Also, I didn't even think about chukkas, sounds like a good way to dress the blazer down.

Comment

what is a good and cheap slim shirt to pull off the look?

Thanks

this would be a nice pink shirt from bonobos:

http://www.bonobos.com/pink-solid-oxford

too bad they don't have it in size S.

Comment

@jackbauer24 Big fan of the Charles Tyrwhitt Extra Slim Fit shirts.. got mine for about $35-38 and it's a poplin material, semi-spread collar. It's a bit more pink than the oxford from bonobos, which I like. You're right about it needing to be slim though - as my tailor put it, if you're wearing pink, you want it wear it, and not let the pink wear you.

@Mike W: Yeah it was an exam day and I was exhausted but wanted to feel better going into the test, and I never get to dress as nicely as I'd like at school because I have a backpack (messenger bag won't cut it) and don't want to damage my shirts. It's a really eye-catching look because it's so simple, yet so refined. I'm planning on wearing the same look on a date, but I'll swap in a tailored wool blazer and walnut players. As for a navy blazer, I ended up getting the sportsman navy blazer from Eddie Bauer for $90 on a big sale recently. The only size left is a 40R (sleeves and body run a tiny bit long for most people, I have long arms so it worked out), but hey if that's your size, go for it!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/pr...mPathInfo=null

Comment

Working...
                      X