Opinions on these Persol sunglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on these Persol sunglasses?

The Persols I ordered from the Bluefly deal have arrived. I know a thing or two about a thing or two, but I know JACK about sunglasses. What does everyone think of these? FWIW, I think they actually look pretty good. I just don't fully trust my opinion because, like I said, I know JACK about sunglasses. :-)

On another note, what does everyone think of the jacket? It's tweed, and the base color is actually burgundy (rather than the brown the picture would imply). I picked it up today for $10 at a thrift store. It's a private label from a local high-end purveyor and it's made in the USA (for whatever that's worth).

Also, my hair isn't usually that big so don't let that factor TOO much into what you think my head shape looks like. And for whatever reason, the angle shows my face to be just slightly longer than it actually is.

Comment

I'd say the glasses are a little too big for your face. No terrible but if your aiming for perfection (guess we all are) I'd find something a little less "tall"

That coat is freaking awesome though. Seems to fit well and stands out a bit without being loud. I'm jelly

Comment

I think they look really good on your face! Not too tall or too wide or skinny (or pretentious, which comes with a lot of Persols, imo). Did you try them on first or just buy them online based off appearances?

Comment

I bought them online based on appearance. They look better now that I've got a haircut. I've decided to keep them.

Comment

Glasses look good. Don't worry — we aren't making that many judgments about your face based on this picture

As to the jacket: Awesome color, looks to fit somewhat strangely in the sleeves. A tad short and a bit too much room. But that's also just how I like to wear my jackets (with rather slim sleeves.)

Comment

They look pretty good, though you could do better. They aren't in too big territory, but a little smaller and less of a rounded droop to the bottom of the lenses would probably be the A+ look in my opinion. I agree with @ThomasBM that less tall is the way to perfection here.

I do love Persol.

Comment

We have the same taste, over other fashion brand sunglasses, Persol is my first love.

Comment

I think you would look GREAT in a regular old pair of American Opticals

Comment

Working...
                  X