Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred G. Unn
    replied

Ahhh, never read the book, just knew the movie. Pretty funny how many didn't catch it though! Or maybe I'm just old. Most of this forum was probably 10 when that came out.

Leave a comment:

• PublicName
    replied

Haha well done Fred.

I quoted the book though.

Realistically though I use jack black face buff and facewash. And follow that with a moisturizer.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46-WNPlCYsg

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied

LOL Public! Isn't this the full quote?

"I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

While I don't think there's anything particularly odd included in PublicName's routine, it is huge.

Face wash, body scrub, face scrub, shampoo, conditioner, hot towel, moisturize, shaving cream, shave, rinse, aftershave, lotion, and anti-agin balm.

I'd be late out the door every day if I did this.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

@PublicName - I was laughing so much reading your post on the train, that the lady next to me asked if I was reading a funny book. Hopefully, your post was meant as a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied

Haha, I'm trying to figure out if Public is for real or not. Either way, I'm in awe of the amount of effort that went into it.

Leave a comment:

• Jack
    replied

@PublicName - you HAD to go there, didn't you?

Leave a comment:

• PublicName
    replied

Normally, I begin with a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sasson shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh hair down and flatten it to the scalp, making you look older. The conditioner is also good. Before shaving, I always press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I slather on a moisturizer and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply shaving cream over it -- preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers, making hair removal easier.Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never, ever use cologne on your face since the alcohol content will dry your skin out and make you look older. Applying a moisturizer is the final step. If the face seems dry and flaky-- which can make it look dull and older -- use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin. Then apply anti-aging eye balm.

Leave a comment:

• russelldl
    replied

I wash my skin, hair, car and dishes with VO5 Normal shampoo. I also indirectly wash the tub with it. Also, I have a beard which takes care of most skin issues.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

Morning:

1. Target Brand Morning "Wake Up" whatever face wash

2. Astringent

3. Jack Black Oil Control Lotion

Evening

1. Target Brand Face Scrub

2. Astringent

3. Salicylic Acid Pad

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

Oh yeah, this exists: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/skin-care

Leave a comment:

• Heafcliffe
    replied

In shower:

1. Dove

2. water/ baking soda combo

3. any lotion truthfully

Face comes out feeling smooth (even moreso after shaving)

Leave a comment:

• scrambledpotato
    replied

Shower/soap - and a very mild facial cleanser. Anything more than that and it gets so dry it looks like I was searching for treasure in the desert.

Leave a comment:

• JT10000
    replied

I'm the same as Hardrain - shower with soap. That's it.

On rare occcasions I'll use lip balm or lotion on my legs. The lotion is only if wearing shorts in dry weather to avoid ashy looking skin (I'm black) so it's not really "care" but more cosmetic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X