What is your skincare routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your skincare routine?

What do you guys do in regards to skincare? What products do you use?

I've been trying to put together a consistent routine over the past few months, and what I usually do is:

Morning =

Body lotion after shower (some brand I picked up at target, think vaseline or neutrogina)

Facial cleanser (billy jealousy)

facial moisturizer (kiehls)

Night =

Body lotion (doesn't happen at night half the time)

Facial cleanser (neutrogina)

facial moisturizer (neutrogina)

I'm looking to add a hand salve to my nightly routine. I tried Kiehls' hand salve and it's amazing, but not sure if I want to splurge more on their products.

Morning: Irish Spring bar of soap.

Comment

I use neutrogena facial cleanser/acne wash thing in my morning shower, and occasionally at night. Otherwise, I just use body wash. A lotion wouldn't hurt to add in, but I'm not sure it would actually do much.

Comment

As little skin care as possible contributes to my rugged good looks. :-P

Comment

@Alan - Us guys like to call that skin carelessness.

Comment

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/skin-care#post-3840

Comment

I'm with Alan...

I'm sure there are women out there who like a guy with soft hands, but I have never come across them.

Comment

I'm the same as Hardrain - shower with soap. That's it.

On rare occcasions I'll use lip balm or lotion on my legs. The lotion is only if wearing shorts in dry weather to avoid ashy looking skin (I'm black) so it's not really "care" but more cosmetic.

Comment

Shower/soap - and a very mild facial cleanser. Anything more than that and it gets so dry it looks like I was searching for treasure in the desert.

Comment

In shower:

1. Dove

2. water/ baking soda combo

3. any lotion truthfully

Face comes out feeling smooth (even moreso after shaving)

Comment

Oh yeah, this exists: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/skin-care

Comment

Morning:

1. Target Brand Morning "Wake Up" whatever face wash

2. Astringent

3. Jack Black Oil Control Lotion

Evening

1. Target Brand Face Scrub

2. Astringent

3. Salicylic Acid Pad

Comment

I wash my skin, hair, car and dishes with VO5 Normal shampoo. I also indirectly wash the tub with it. Also, I have a beard which takes care of most skin issues.

Comment

Normally, I begin with a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sasson shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh hair down and flatten it to the scalp, making you look older. The conditioner is also good. Before shaving, I always press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I slather on a moisturizer and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply shaving cream over it -- preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers, making hair removal easier.Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never, ever use cologne on your face since the alcohol content will dry your skin out and make you look older. Applying a moisturizer is the final step. If the face seems dry and flaky-- which can make it look dull and older -- use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin. Then apply anti-aging eye balm.

Comment

@PublicName - you HAD to go there, didn't you?

Comment

Working...
                              X