H & M wingtip boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H & M wingtip boot

Anyone wore any H&M shoes? I heard they are pretty light weight and cheap but i'm liking the style of their wingtip boots seen here

http://www.hm.com/us/product/01069?article=01069-B

good price too

There is something funny to me about the phrase "100% imitation leather". They look nice on the site though.

The JCP Stafford Boot at that price point is definitely worth a look.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Saw the boots in person the other day... was not impressed, frankly. Your $60 can go a lot further on eBay or by shopping sales. Not worth it, IMO.

Ben

Comment

Have them on currently. I was torn between the JCP Stafford boot and this, but thought I would give them a try. Better than the Stafford boot IMO. Imitation leather is actually wearing nicely. Not Red Wing boots, but good buy for $60.

Comment

^ Interesting. I looked at both the Staffords and the H&M boots in person... I wasn't blown away by either of them, but I definitely would have picked the Staffords first.

Ben

Comment

Lotus...That radio looks sick...what is it?

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
            -Maximus

Comment

Crosley solo

http://www.amazon.com/Crosley-Solo-R.../dp/B0000DHVOO

Comment

A coworker and I were just discussing these. Thanks for the pic, Lotus. Did you have to size down 1 1/2 sizes like every does on the JCPs?

Comment

No, these are true to size.

I did try on the JCP's and have to say I don't know how anyone messes up that badly on sizing. I am a 10.5, wearing a 9 felt right.

Comment

Even despite the sizing, I would pick real leather (i.e. JCP Staffords) over plastic every time. It's not like it's an odd fit once you find the right size for you. You just have to size down. It's a known issue.

Comment

I have a pair of their canvas pimsols and some other canvas high tops (look like Converse Chucks). Let me put it this way, I spent less than $15 on both combined and I regret that decision....

Comment

Ended up scooping up the stafford wingtip boots and some levi 508's. Love the taper on the 508's. Heres a crappy picture I took.

http://s9.postimage.org/x7028b27z/staff.jpg

I am however going to prob pick up the tweed blazer from H&M which is dope for $50 should have gotten it today

Comment

Most boots just seem to run large. I sold shoes for a lot of years, and I found that even Nike's boots ran large (while other Nikes typically run about a half-size small).

My Red Wing Iron Rangers are an 8.0, and I wear a 9.5 in Nikes and a 9.0 in most dress shoes. My hiking boots are an 8.5. The dress boots I've tried on (including one no-longer-in-production Allen Edmonds style) have generally fit like my hiking boots.

I don't know why this is the case, but as a rule, boots do run big.

Comment

Working...
                          X