Dark brown shoes under $150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark brown shoes under $150

I'm starting a new job on Monday and it's a bit dressier than my totally casual previous job. I want a pair of dark brown shoes that can be a staple I can wear at the more formal end of business casual or with jeans.

As Joe said here:

http://dappered.com/2012/03/the-100-200-dress-shoe-search-nordstrom-cap-toe/

"There’s a hole in the men’s shoe market. Specifically, oxfords or dress bluchers that are decently made, look great, and cost somewhere between one and two hundred dollars."

I was thinking a wingtip or cap toe with brogueing but haven't found anything I really like at the price I'd like to pay. I like the Nordstrom shoes that Joe reviewed in the link, but they appear to be lighter than what I'm looking for. I want something similar to the brown burnished calf AE uses for the Strand:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/Attachment/images/database/allenedmonds_shoes_strand_dark-brown_l.jpg

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Just get the Strands if you like them, the factory seconds from the Shoebank should be around $200 or a little over. Email [email protected] and they can send you a list of all factory seconds and closeout models in your size. They have rotating sales too so if you're patient you could probably get a really good deal. I've probably bought 6 or 7 pairs of AE's from them and all have been great deals. Twice a year or so they have a 2 for $200 deal on discontinued models which is also a great time to buy if you luck out with styles and sizes. At the very least, get on their mailing list so you can see what deals they have going on.

Comment

AE Shoe Bank is a good place to look.

Also, Meermin shoes. Around $200 as well for a high quality & sexy shoe.

@Fred whats the Shoe Bank's mailing list? Where do I sign up?

Comment

AE Shoe Bank is a good place to look.

Also, Meermin shoes. Around $200 as well for a high quality & sexy shoe.

@Fred whats the Shoe Bank's mailing list? Where do I sign up?

Comment

Thanks guys. Maybe I should have said I'm looking for shoes under $100 so I get recommendations for $150.

Fred - yeah, I hit that 2 for 200 a few months back and got Bayfields and Players. Sweet deal. I'll email them shoe bank and see what they have.

Ryan - I remember hearing about Meermin a while back but wasn't looking for anything then. They look nice, for sure. But I think I'd rather not deal with international shipping and the potential headache if they don't fit.

Comment

Ryan, just email them ([email protected]) and ask to be added to their email list.

Comment

I like the JCrew Preston wingtip or straight up blucher. Goodyear welted for about $140 new on the bay.... $200+ in the store.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...tips&_osacat=0

Comment

I have those Nordstrom brown cap toes and I love them. They never go on sale though...even when Nordstroms is having a sale.

Comment

So the brown Strands are $259 through the shoebank. That's a no go. Not much else there that interests me.

But if anyone is interested, they seem to have a ton of the Brooks Brothers Walnut Strands for $199.

Those J Crew Prestons look nice and definitely what I'm looking to spend on ebay. I'll be near a J Crew later today and will stop in and check them out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X