Buyer Beware (Rue La La)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer Beware (Rue La La)

I offer caution to anyone with plans to purchase from the online discout retailer Rue La La. Last month, I ordered a soft shell Calvin Klein Jacket from the site after which I received a confirmation email with a tenative arrival date. After the item was long overdue and several exchanges with site's customer service staff, they email me to tell me they are reimbursing my money because the item is no longer in stock. Totally bad service and poor management of their inventory.

Not to discount your assessment, but this is your first post. You obviously have an axe to grind if you went all the way out of your way to mention this here.

Comment

everyone has to have a first post sometime. he related an anecdote as a PSA - i'm not sure what the point is of casting aspersions to his motivations.

Comment

Time will tell all, one way or another. Let's just say I have my suspicions...

Comment

My experience with Rue La La has been the complete opposite. Therefore, your case could be an isolated situation. They have a limited history on reseller ratings, but it's positive:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ruelala_com

I would suspect if they were having problems all the time, more people would voice their opinions on reseller ratings.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate:

Okay, the item was delayed. They probably thought they could get another shipment in in time to deliver it to you, they couldn't, and they refunded your money.

*Shrug*. There's a laundry list of things I'd be wary of: selling knock-offs as genuine, not accepting returns/having unusual return policies, mysterious credit card charges. I'm not saying your experience was glowing - it wasn't and it sucks, especially if you thought you got a great deal and were really looking forward to it. But I'm not sure if it warrants threat-level "Beware."

You can always write a complaint to The Consumerist.

Comment

Jcrew did same thing to me with some henleys said they would ship Oct 4th but they canceled last minute after an email to CS they said the supplier couldn't fulfill order or something like that and gave me a partial shipping refund because the heeys were mailed. Reason for my order. So it's happened to me, I'd still buy from them.

Comment

They're refunding your money. I don't see how you can really complain...it's not like they gave you store credit. I mean yeah you wanted it but they were honest and gave you your money back. You were able to communicate w/ customer service regularly... at the end of the day it's just clothes that you never got, never wore, and thus never really lost. Like pensotroppo says, it sucks, but it could be much worse.

Comment

ive ordered a few things off rue la la [dress shoes, ties, etc] and haven't had any issue with them. if anything i thought the shipping was pretty fast. it sounds like an isolated problem, and if they refunded the money, no harm.

Comment

Working...
                  X