tailoring costs to hem and let out/deepen seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tailoring costs to hem and let out/deepen seat

just wondering how much this normally runs and if any tailor can do it? ive been frustrated with my normal tailor as of late so i went to a high end tailor and got charged $85 to get this done. its a pair of really nice dress pants so i wanted everything to be perfect, and after my prev experience i was willing to pay to have everything done right since i plan to get a lot of mileage out of these pants .. but wanted to get a gauge on the cost for this and how much skilled of a tailor is needed to do these adjustments properly.

title should say hem the legs, and let out the seat

Comment

Last similar job I had was to have pants hemmed and slimmed in the waist, seat, and thigh it cost me $85. This was at a good, but pricey tailor.

Comment

I typically pay about $50 for that, but YMMV.

Comment

I recently had a couple suits tailored. For the pants, I had the waist taken in, crotch/seat taken in, and legs shortened. Cost me $35.

The tailor even angled the cuffs a 1/4 inch and sewed the cuffs all the way around the leg instead of just at the seams so crap doesn't get down in the cuffs. Very nice job and I was very impressed.

Comment

Working...
          X