Florsheim Hawleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florsheim Hawleys

I just got the Hawleys and I must say that these boots feel and look great. Glad to finally find a boot in a wide size. I hope to soon see a write-up here about these.

Question: Should I just do a regular brush shine on these our just keep them clean and let them age with normal wear?

Thanks for any response.

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12085.html

I got the gaffneys a couple weeks ago and love them too. I haven't done anything with shining them yet because I'm concerned about darkening the color. I love the chestnut color they came in (matches my Cole Haan oxfords and makes my belt choices easy).

Comment

Moe, those shoes look great! I wish companies included a "how to care for your shoes" insert with every pair. Even a brief comment like what polish best matches a particular shoe would be helpful. I'd probably use a shoe cream to keep the leather from getting dry. For shoe cream, which is different than polish, I've been told to use either a shade lighter in color or neutral (pigment free). From what I gather it won't cover scuffs like polish but will keep the leather supple. If you get any deep scuffs you'll probably be better off with polish wax. I'm no leather expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Jason, I bought a pair of chestnut Gaffney boots too. I had a little mishap with mine a couple of days ago. I was in the supermarket holding a hand basket with two half gallon containers of milk. On the way to the register I looked down and one of them was on its side leaking from the cap getting on my pants and the right boot. It got fairly wet but for the most part there is only minor damage. I have a few spots I can't get out so they may have to go to a professional. Enjoy those boots and watch out for falling milk!

Comment

Wispa - I think I will go with neutral. I want to keep the leather supple as you say, but I kinda want them to retain a utilitarian look. I might use a shade close to the actually color occasionally. I didn't think about using a cream but I will now. Florsheim has a neutral cream polish for a reasonable price. I'll probably go with that. I appreciate yours and Jason's reply's.

Thanks!

Comment

I really really want these. I've got a pair of dress wingtips from them, and although they look great, they don't have the leather lining of their shoes like the Hawley.

I'd say these would look good through only occasional polishing and normal wear.

Comment

No problem, Moe. Enjoy those boots!

Comment

Working...
            X