Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon
    replied

I'm an old-fashioned physical books guy, but it certainly does look nice for those who prefer e-books.

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied

In other words, you're not scrolling down or side-to-side. Just a tap changes the page instead of a button press.

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied

The screen is set up into three sections: a main section that takes up the right 3/4 of the screen, a strip that takes up the left 1/4 of the screen, and a small strip on top.

Hitting anywhere in the large box that takes up most of the screen moves the page ahead. Hitting the strip on the left moves back. And on top, it brings up the settings. It's extremely intuitive.

Leave a comment:

• scrambledpotato
    replied

@pensotroppo - like pratyk mentioned, no page turning buttons; you don't find that a problem? All of the reviews I've read have said this thing is awesome, but the lack of the buttons sets it back a bit. You find this to be the case?

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied

I have the first Kindle touchscreen and it does have audiobook playback, but I have never used it, so I don't recall how the volume is controlled.

The paperwhite does look awesome but since my Kindle is less then a year old I am going to wait to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• pratyk
    replied

I have the Kindle 3 (Or the kindle Keyboard as they call it). i was tempted to get the Paperwhite for the lighted display but being in the northeast, I would miss the buttons immensely to flip pages during my commute in the winter. Unless I'm wrong, there's not even a volume button that could be hacked into changing pages since there is no audio capability in the new kindle. I suppose I'll wait for the next one..

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    started a topic Kindle Paperwhite

Kindle Paperwhite

Totally off topic, but I just got a Kindle paperwhite. I can't stop drooling. This thing is gorgeous. If you're an avid reader, I recommend you get one asap.

Working...
X