Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shad0w4life
    replied

@spacecamel: there was zero duty/tax etc took about 3 weeks, I did tell them the intention of the suit and they got it to me 2 days before my trip, so it was almost 3 weeks.

Regarding my vegas trip with a suit(which lost a day thanks to alaskan air mechanical issues and refusing to hold their last flight). Non stop compliments on the suit/my outfits:

eg.

Purple and white large striped tie in full 3 piece was the older lady saying I looked like a price william(obviously with hair), so the suit must have looked like a damn nice one.

The teal boutineer(sp) hole got a few compliments for anyone that was on the fence about it, I think Jessy was thinking of it.

And random people asking my friend where his suit was, and saying they loved the fit of mine and the peak lapels, which I though was them just being nice but realized they were also paying attention.

I will highly recommend getting a 3 piece for any suit, I used the vest for more casual stuff and also got many compliments about the fit and feel. I did get mine made of the same fabric front and back so that it did look like it was an individual piece but the one night I had about 6 different women walk up and tell me how much they loved it. Friends gf who came down to visit for a day told me to please get him to get a suit like mine and make sure it had a vest(he did however get a BB 1818 for $200 when we went out)

Also many many smiles from various women at times just making eye contact.

I am now for sure a suit guy, plan on ordering more in other colours I just felt naked wearing a dress shirt or dress shirt and tie, you can really notice a difference in how people percieve you. I also just felt a lot more confident after seeing how people reacted

As for actual vegas experience this time and what I did etc:

if you're single do a pub crawl! I had a hard time trying to execute my mystery man tactics because I kept getting approached and there's some neat places like the one in mandalay bay that's wayyy up and has a balcony. I ended up calming up a fellow Canadian girl that had been ditched by her friend she was staying with, walked her through Vegas strip to various things she never saw danced a little in the middle of sidewalk to LMFAO(I kind of felt like an idiot but it had everyone around smiling and laughing), all part of giving her lessons on being spontaneous;tossed some cash into a slot machine and said hit max bet to which she was really hesitant to do and just random things. Was one of my most fun nights ever actually. I also used to be a negative nancy all the time and I've decided to turn that around and be fun and outgoing...which surprisingly works very well for making people want to be around you, you can be a bad boy without actually being a dickhead.

Did a tour of downtown...kind of neat..I think the dealer ladies are better looking down there for some reason. Got a limo to take us(2 guy friends, 1 fiance and her two single sisters) back to vegas in style, then got the fiance to go home as she wasn't feeling well so her sisters could go out without mother hen around, it was the ones 21st birthday for cripes sake. Funny thing is they kept coming around and finding me and I finally said "go freaking dance and do stupid SH!T, you're free tonight! I won't just leave"..yeah they had fun, which ruined my fun as a cutie I had met asked me to go with her and her cousin elsewhere but I refused..which karma may reward me for as the one sister got wrecked and was planning on doing something stupid, like giving up her virginity. I had no clue about that until last minute by the other sister asking me to please make sure that didn't happen...good old big brother mode kicked in where I was going to just tell the poor kid(guy she was dancing with) that "I hate to say this but she's not leaving with you in her condition and if you think otherwise I will be outfront waiting for you" So I got stuck waiting until they left and there were a lot of dudes so I had no fun then..oh and one older lady asking me if I was english because of...the suit . But the birthday girl had one hell of a smile and some skip to her step finally when they were going back to their hotel, she finally got to have a limo and party it up without being watched. We were supposed to land at midnight when she turned 21 but we got stuck in seattle that night with the plane issues...lots of tears.

I did james bond it up in downtown vegas, last bit of cash at black jack I won a few hands in a row and got my initial plus a little extra back..hitting on hands of 15 and 16.

Tournament of Kings was really fun surprisingly, I was sober and all in to it

Didn't do a cirque show this round, and was surprised to see Terry Fator still there. Wish we went down for weekend of the 27th...halloween will be nuts!

Airplane out my last quarter on a slot machine turned into $113

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

Tell us about the Vegas trip when you get the chance.

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

@spacecamel23 Can't speak for a suit, but I ordered a suit from them and didn't have to pay anything. They use Fedex if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• pierrot
    replied

never heard of this - trying to steal some of indochino's thunder? looks good though

Leave a comment:

• spacecamel23
    replied

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos. I'm also in Canada, and thinking about ordering a BL suit. Can you tell me how it went ordering from CA? How long did it take to get your suit? Did you get hit with any duty, tax, or other hidden costs?

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

I will keep an eye on that it I haven't noticed it until I looked at the 1 picture good to know though! I was told that my outfit today made me look like prince William with hair hah, mauve shirt, purple and white stripe tie and vest.

Leave a comment:

• Lib
    replied

I've seen the same thing time and again with Indochino suits, so I'm going to offer my $0.02 CAD on this:

This is a 38s Benjamin suit.

This is a 36s in the same cut. Notice the 'divot' beneath the shoulder head.

(pics via styleforum)

It's the cut of the suit, the construction of the shoulder, padding, and the way that the sleeve head is attached. I don't know how Black Lapel does their measurements, but you are correct when you say that it's not that the shoulders are too wide. If you requested narrower shoulders then the jacket probably wouldn't fit.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Moe I should ask you, the outside of my shoulder goes past the arm seam, however where it starts rounding is where the suits shoulders sit so maybe a quarter inch off? I did the test of shoulder against wall and everything touched at once. Also my shoulders are held forward due to ligament problems and should be pulled back over time if that would help.

Bl are the ones that said due to the slim fit there is more waving, the sleeves are literally my arms, I will try different fits in the future for sure

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied

@shadow - I just got in my Blank Label French Cuff shirt, and I think I agree with you. Slim arms and wide French cuffs may not mix well.

Leave a comment:

• Cause Moe
    replied

The suit's shoulders are a bit wider than your own shoulders, and that's nothing to do with your traps. If a tailor told you that, find a different tailor.

It probably wouldn't be cost effective to have the shoulders narrowed on your new suit; that's one thing that's very difficult to change. But if you order a second suit, you might want to decrease the width across the shoulder by a small amount. No more than an inch, I would guess, but a good tailor can measure and get the right number for you to send back to Black Lapel.

Of course, you may like the look. Some people do. I prefer not to have the divot under te outer edge of the shoulder pad.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Oh I didn't realize these were MTM.

Leave a comment:

• Cause Moe
    replied

"You have to be a particular build to NOT get a little bit of an X at the button, especially in wool suits (thinner material)."

Off-the-rack sizing is one thing, but for MTM, there should be no "X". For the first suit, a bit of tailoring. If you order a second, the adjustment should me made, and no X at all. After all, part of the reason for MTM is to get the right fit.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Just a correction, the suit is %100 wool the lining has cotton, much happier now.

I asked about shoulders and was told due to the minimal padding that it follows your natural curves slightly more and I have fairly big traps for my size(at least that's what has been said)

Leave a comment:

• Furious Styles
    replied

Thanks for posting. I could nitpick, but honestly if you're moving around, nobody's going to notice the little non-perfect pieces. That vest is retail online picture perfect--I've never seen a fit that sharp on a real person.

Go rock it in Vegas.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Yes, inner lining is teal, and cuffs have the 1 accent button hole as well, you can barely see it in the last picture. I had to take them in a hurry as you can see I had my little guy for the night and he made a few appearances in pictures, he wanted "up" with a snotty nose, which lead to a fast change of clothes.

The one thing I've noticed today is that the slim fit doesn't seem to be french cuff friendly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X