Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ordered a Frank & Oak Tweed Blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ordered a Frank & Oak Tweed Blazer?

I was wondering if we could get a review. I'm specifically interested in the Fabric type (I don't think they disclose that on their website) and Sizing. I read somewhere that their blazers run small, so one has to size up. Since I normally wear a 40R, I guess I would need to order a 42R. The blazers look nice on the website, but I guess I'm on the fence on whether ordering one will be a waste of time.

@Juan - I got one a couple of weeks ago, the brown cordouroy (sp?) jacket for $55 (incl shipping). I went with the smallest size (36R), which is my usual size and it's a good, albeit a bit snug, fit (I'm 5'9, 145lbs). The shoulders are a little wide and the slimming through the torso is right at my limit (without ridiculous pulling in the middle). I think because of the slimming through the torso it might not be a bad idea to size up. The buttons were not surgical so you can shorten the sleeves a bit if need be.

EDIT: Ugh, I just noticed you were asking about their tweed blazers... sorry about that. Hopefully this info is helpful anyway.

Comment

Thanks, Gabe! I'm guessing that the sizing is probably similar on the tweed and the corduroy.

Comment

I cant speak to the tweed ones, but I also ordered the cord jacket and I am normally a 39-40R. I ordered the 40 and it is the slimmest fitting 40 I have ever tried on. I have some pulling when I tighten it, but I only use it for very casual settings anyway, and mostly leave it unbuttoned. If I order another jacket from them, I will likely size up to a 42 hoping their shoulder measurements dont get much bigger. For reference I am 5'11 185lb athletic build, 18 1/4" shoulders, 42" chest, 33-34 waist.

Comment

I normally wear a 38R. I tried one of their jackets in that size before and it was way too tight. I ordered the corduroy one in 40R and it fit me perfectly with the exception of a roll/wave between my shoulder blades. I know my tailor doesn't like working on corduroy because he said it leaves marks or something so I had to return it. I just ordered a tweed one in 40R. If it fits the same as the corduroy blazer, all I'll have to do is get that neck roll fixed and I should be set. I have almost $200 of credit with F&O so I have to spend it on something.

Comment

I normally wear a 42R/L (6'3", 195lbs, 16x36 shirt). The Frank and Oak blazers (and I've tried about four at this point) all are too snug on me in the shoulders, even when sizing up to a 44R. The same is true of their dress shirts, too snug in the shoulders and the yoke is too wide so you get this awkward crease from the base of your neck to the back of your shoulder at an angle. I've relegated myself to just buying accessories from them at this point as I can't keep sinking money into store credit I'll never spend. Really bummed as I like a lot of their stuff, it's just made to fit the average sized guy.

Comment

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs and their shirts in an M fit me perfectly with 1 exception. They are too tight in the chest. If they would just add an extra 1/2" on each side of the front so it gives me an extra inch in the chest, I would buy so much more stuff from them.

Comment

Working...
              X