Fake reading glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake reading glasses

Hey guys, I have always been a fan of the fake glasses. I have a smallish round head/face, and I was looking for a pair of glasses that run on the smaller side. Anyone know of a good place?

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

warby parker's

Comment

I second the Warby Parkers. Been meaning to do their at home trial (pick 5 pairs to be sent to your house). Good price, too.

Comment

good deal guys...Thanks. I live in Columbia SC so nothing really close in terms of places to shop. Charlotte is closest but there is no H&M.

-Maximus

Comment

How do you guys feel about the fake glasses thing? It always seemed a little...too much for me though I'd be lying if it hadn't crossed my mind. Is this acceptable?

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I have always liked them. BUT I do think you have to find ones that fit your face and wear them with confidence. If your timid or let people heckle you about them, then they probably are a no go for me. But I have one pair and they are slightly too big for my face, but it puts some fun in the outfit.

-Maximus

Comment

As someone who gets asked all the time when I wear my glasses if they're fake (typically I wear contacts), I dislike the idea of having fake glasses. I'm with you, tom, just seems like one is trying way too hard. That being said, I generally go for a simplistic / barely any accessories/jewelry/etc. look myself. It's like any accessory or something dandy, if you are confident in wearing it, you're more likely to be able to pull it off. Just don't get bent out of shape if you get the likely looks and comments.

Comment

Another option - 9fivesite.com

I don't wear fake glasses, but 9five make some really dope sunglasses and they have started making more "readers" which are essentially their standard frames but with clear lenses on them. Good price and REALLY good quality too.

Comment

Eh, I prefer you have at least some level of a prescription in your lenses. Even if it is just to bring you from 20/25 to 20/20.

Comment

I don't do the fake glasses thing but I am considering getting a pair of warby parkers when I replace my prescription glasses.

Comment

I never thought I would say this, but that's some hipster crap.

Comment

To each their own, but wearing glasses where they aren't required is like carrying a cane when you don't have a limp.*

*Please note, canes are perfectly acceptable accessories if your professional occupation is as a pimp. Fake glasses are perfectly acceptable if you are a hipster.

Don't be that guy.

Comment

I wouldn't think it would be hipster-ish. They made a come back a few years ago, so if anything I am late to join in. Idk, I have always been a fan of it, and understandably I don't have a prescript in the ones I have, but to me its about having fun with what you wear. To me it ads a little bit of something different. But I agree to each their own. Everyones taste and opinion are different.

-Maximus

Comment

The only people I see doing it are NBA players, hipsters, and a few celebrities.

The only time I don't mind is in the case of people like Tina Fey and Drew Carey, who wear them sometimes due to their trademark association with wearing them despite not needing them.

Comment

So maybe I should make it my trademark

-Maximus

Comment

Working...
                              X