Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's Wearhouse - Pronot Uomo

I have a 50% off coupon at the MW, and am tempted to use it

I've found the Pronto Uomo Signature suit on their website and it looks nice. I could use a new black suit so I'd probably be going with the black. Link as follows..

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10663_10601_194626_-1__BLACK%20WHITE%20TIC_10051_?cm_vc=10663

Anyone have any experience with this line? I believe it to be a MW "house brand". $350 for this suit might be good if it's of nicer quality.

Thanks all

I don't know their signature line well, but I'd guess it's not worth it. Check out this post:

http://dappered.com/2011/02/how-to-buy-a-cheap-suit-and-still-look-like-a-million-bucks-2/

Also, I think I remember Joe saying he really liked the Indochino suit he got. The basic suits over there are only $375 I think and they're made to measure from your measurements.

Comment

Their Pronto Uomo line is basically an Italian made sack suit with some pick stitching. The arm holes are WAY to low, the sleeves are WAY to wide, the jackets are WAY to long and everything is made for a big ol'fat person, to be blunt. It's sad, because the details are there, just not the fit, and even if you wanted to drop $300 on tailoring, you couldn't fix the biggest offenders, the armholes and the sleeves. Also, the pants are way to wide. But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how do you like the suit?

Comment

Good report BKA. Doesn't look to be much at the MW for us trim modern gentlemen.

Comment

I'd use that coupon on shoe trees, accessories--stuff like that.

Comment

"It's sad, because the details are there, just not the fit, and even if you wanted to drop $300 on tailoring, you couldn't fix the biggest offenders, the armholes and the sleeves."

Actually, you could fix the sleeves. Any competent tailor can slim the jacket sleeves pretty easily. The armholes and shoulders would be the two areas that can't really be altered. (Hypothetically, a master tailor might be able to do it - but it would cost more than the suit itself). But everything else BKA said was right.

And with that said, I wouldn't bother with a Men's Wearhouse suit. There are a lot of better options, at about the same price range. And, the salesman over there are complete jackasses with no idea of style or fit. They will size you up way too big. Last time I was there, I walked out rather than deal with the annoying schmuck. He wouldn't even let me try blazers on for fun, he kept bothering me and insisting they were too tight (they weren't).

Comment

Working...
            X