Shirts for guys with thick necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirts for guys with thick necks

I have a thicker neck. Anyone have suggestions on OTR shirts that can be comfortably buttoned for a tie but still be fitted?

How thick are we talking? I have a fairly thick neck given my other measurements, but I've never found it to be an issue. Do you get neck&sleeve sized shirts?

Comment

whats your neck size?

It might not be worth the hassle if your neck is too big for OTR shirts. I love Modern Tailor and Blank Label. Both are great sites.

Comment

I'm assuming you don't plan to get any tailoring done after you purchase the shirt. What price range are you looking at?

Comment

You'll have to get neck and sleeve shirts and focus on certain brands.

Neiman Marcus Trim Fit

Calibrate / Nordstrom Trim fit

Charles Tyrwhitt Trim fit

Comment

My neck is just thick in relation to my other measurements. For example, a slim fit in a 15.5/34 will fit me reasonably well, but the neck wont come close to fitting with a tie.

I don't mind tailoring, but I'd also like to be able to buy things OTR in a pinch.

Comment

Well what is your neck measurements? buy the right size in neck and sleeve, and try the most known trim fit brands until you find one that works for you.

Comment

Man, and here I thought there was another barrel chested beast of a man such as myself to lament the lack of slim fit options for us square shaped gentleman.

I'm not sure how the ratios work but I have had very good luck with Gap's slim fit non-iron shirts for fitting my large 19 inch neck (usually the larger sizes never go that high) so consequently the smaller size might work?

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Ha sigtweed, while I don't have an 19" neck, the problem still remains.

I will check out the Gap and Banana Rep., as well as Nordstom. Thanks for the suggestions. Wanted to avoid Express if I could.

Comment

To be more specific...

I order the XXXL, slim fit and the neck size is 19-19.5

XXXL / Slim fit...I know, crazy right? but hey, they fit awesome and at 30-40% off are around $35 and look great right out of the dryer.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Good stuff, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X