Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would fit a Burgundy colored jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would fit a Burgundy colored jacket?

Hi all,

After a long military service, i'm a bit new to stylish clothes. I have recently bought a very nice Burgundy colored leather-like jacket. I really like the color, but as it is the first "bold" piece I own, I'm not sure what to pair it with. I thouhght about a bluish-grey shirt, blue denim and light-brown leather shoes. I'd love to get some advice.

Thanks,

Nimrod.

Welcome to the forum nimrod and welcome to civilian life. I have an idea of what might work but it might help if you posted a picture of the jacket so we could really see the color.

Comment

Hi Teej, Thank you.

I couldn't find the exact same jacket online, and my camera does not do it justice (it comes out as brownish),however, this is the color, more or less:

http://www.upscalehype.com/2012/05/maison-martin-margiela-diagonal-zip-leather-biker-jacket/

Nimrod.

Comment

Grey cords or denim. Black or dark brown shoes. white, black, or grey shirt (black only if wearing black shoes)

Comment

deep blue/ indigo denim and tan/ walnut colored shoes will look great. Cords - a deep green/ brown will go very well. practically any shirt color (apart from red hue).

Comment

careful with green. you dont want to look like christmas.

Comment

Thank you very much guys.

Eventually, after getting some honest female opinion, I returned the jacket and got a cool navy colored sport jacket, which looks really nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have room for a pocket square (not to mention the fact that there are no pocket squares to be found around here!)

Nimrod.

Comment

Working...
              X