gray flannel wool blazer: jcp vs. jcrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gray flannel wool blazer: jcp vs. jcrew

these two look like twins, except price (100$ vs 300$). can anyone comment on differences? is there a 200$ difference?

I'm not sure if you intended to add links, but they aren't showing... If not, I recommend adding them.

However, I can tell you that you're likely to see a difference in quality between the two: comparatively, (and in general), JCrew offers pieces with superior material and construction. Whether the quality disparity is worth $200 dollars, I'm not sure. The fit is also going to be different, although which suits you better isn't necessarily determined by price.

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Generally (and emphasis on generally) the more you spend the higher quality/construction you are going to get, with diminishing returns the higher you go up. Factors such as frequency of use, context of wearing it, and how you take care of your clothes can also impact these kinds of decisions.

Comment

i saw the jcrew blzer in the store; can't find it online. it was on display in 4-5 diff areas including the front window. i know it looked strikingly similar to the jcp blazer.

Comment

Comment

I went to JCP yesterday to buy the Wingtip boots (they are great looking for $60) and tried on the blazer. At 6'3" it was a little short for my taste. I am usually a 46L and found the XL a little too tight. It would probably work on a 44 or lower.

The quality seemed OK for a knockaround everyday blazer.

Comment

I tried on the JCP blazer the other day and loved it. I usually wear a medium but had to size down to a small and it fit nicely. It will need a small amoount of tailoring though.

Comment

i actually thought it was a pretty nice fit too. sleeves were just right for standard fit. i thought it'd be nice if it were a touch shorter to keep with the times

Comment

I would have snagged the JCP blazer last weekend, but the sleeves were about a 1/2 inch too long and the functional cuff button made me afraid it wasn't going to be easily tailorable.

Comment

I'm tempted by the JCP blazer too, but I'm also worried about shortening those sleeves. Maybe if it goes on clearance at the end of the season.

Comment

I picked up the JCP blazer but I work there and got my discount so it was definitely worth it. You know you can save 20% off of it if you open a jcp credit card haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X