call for "Official Thread of ALL things Allen Edmonds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call for "Official Thread of ALL things Allen Edmonds"

see title. most of us salivate over their shoes and we talk about them all of the time. we might as well have a stickied thread dedicated to them.

I don't like these because information can get lost. I think the Bonobos thread is even a bad idea because sifting through 5 pages of referrals to find something is not my idea of a good user experience.

I say we turn the Bonobos thread into a place for referral only and let other discussions on the brand stay in the general population of the forum.

Comment

I like bremersm's idea.

Comment

I would just prefer to wait until we have the new forum software and go from there.

Comment

Bonobos is a special case because of those referral links...everything that included the word "Bonobos" would eventually devolve into a referral link pyramid, but I agree that it creates other problems.

Comment

Yes I agree that the Bonobos thread isn't ideal but it was created out of annoyance. Like NC said, every bonobos thread eventually turns into a referral code dumping ground. We will hopefully amend some of this with the changeover.

Organization ideas are certainly welcome. One idea is to just have a "referral" thread where any referral can go and any referrals outside of that thread will be treated as spam and removed. Not super user friendly either but I guess I'm not too concerned for the user-friendliness of referral link dumping.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@nicholascrawford: ANy word on when the new forum will be up? For that matter, do you know what platform they've chosen?

Comment

Alan, we know very little right now. We should be seeing it for the first time soon. The next couple weeks, I believe.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Yes, the moderators ----- CENSORED by Bruschetta "No Spoilers!" -----

Comment

Working...
                  X