Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Guy. First Navy Blazer. 46L... Aaaand GO! (Lightning round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Guy. First Navy Blazer. 46L... Aaaand GO! (Lightning round)

Hey boys gonna make this one quick, simple, and fun. Trying to find my first casual blazer that I can throw around but I'm a bit on the tall side (6'7") and think I'm a 46L. Where can I look while not breaking the bank??? Please and thank you!

Budget?

Comment

Budget?

Comment

LOL What he said.

Comment

Under $100: Target, occasionally Gap, lands end canvas during a sale

Under $200: jcrew, banana republic (sale prices), brooks brothers (sale prices)

Under $300: yoox.com

For anything else, you have too much money for a college student.

Comment

+1 @kbrown, particularly the anything else comment, that was gold.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

@kbrown wins the thread.

Comment

I am also a 46L and have found success on Ebay. Just make sure you know your measurements. When looking at a blazer's measurements there are some negotiables. For example, sleeves length isnt a big deal IF there is extra material to work with, if they dont specify in the listing, ask them if there is and how much. Chest and waist can be taken in but being let out depends on whether or not the coat has excess material. Usually (and correct me if I am wrong men) the lower end sportcoats dont have a lot of extra material, at least that has been my experience. Type in 46L in the search field and start filtering on the left until you get what you want.

Comment

At the risk of sounding tacky, I have a Hunter Green Oscar De La Renta Blazer. It has tan elbow patches. It is casual in it's appearance but a nice piece. With CJJ's knowledge regarding the sleeves, I believe it is either a 46R or 46L. I have pics if interested.

Comment

@ Heafcliffe, in addition to the sleeves, I determine whether the lenght of the coat will fit my frame by focusing on the overall body length measured from the bottom of the coat collar to the end of the coat. For example in my more conservative blazers the length is 33.5 or 34. My cotton blazers are 32.5 to 33.

Comment

Working...
                    X