Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help: Thoughts on this shoe?

http://www.zappos.com/bedstu-cosburn-brown

I know quality might not be top notch, but I want a nice, brown, oxford (cap toe or not, suede or not) that is *sleek*. Nothing chunky or overly round.

I found what I linked to above, but haven't tried it yet. It'll be the third shoe I've tried.

Why is it so hard to find a shoe like this for around $100? Any pointers here? (Preferably available on Zappos)

I have a soft spot for Bed Stu... the distressed leather is visually entertaining, and they really are comfortable, casual shoes. Emphasis on casual.

Comment

for what your looking for, i see nothing wrong with those. The shoe screams "smart" casual. Out of curiosity what you plan on wearing it with?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

They're not bad looking. If your into them I say pull the trigger. I, on the other hand, am looking for some wingtip leather boots for the fall/winter such as the stafford camlins or sebago hamiltons

Comment

I would like to wear them with chinos, dress shirt, and sweater. Casual for fall. Maybe jeans, too. Would they go with Kahki colored pants?

Comment

They'll be fine with anything but black slacks, close-but-not-quite the same shade of brown, or dress pants.

Make sure that the khakis aren't c. 1995 'relaxed fit' dockers so that you don't look like a used car salesman on vacation.

Comment

FWIW, the sole looks rather thin. IMO, best case scenario, it's unusual. Worst case scenario, it doesn't last long.

Comment

What about other shoe suggestions? I can go up to a max of, say, $140ish. I just want a freakin' brown basic oxford that isn't chunky.

Comment

http://dappered.com/2012/05/the-best...s-under-200-2/

Comment

Working...
                  X