Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YackoYak
    replied

Nothing constructive I'm afraid, other than that I agree with you.

The fits are so far different that you have to go try every shoe on. What makes it more difficult (for me) is that if you get in on the Factory Seconds sales, those lasts may/may not be the same as the "current" lasts that you can try in the stores. I've gambled and lost enough times on eBay / 2nd sales to not play anymore.

One day I plan on going to an AE store to get fitted, but I've been resisting as I don't want to waste their time (I can't pay full price).

Leave a comment:

• Jake101
    replied

oops just saw this http://threads.dappered.com/topic/ba...tdifferent-fit

Leave a comment:

• Jake101
    started a topic Inconsistency in AE Lasts

Inconsistency in AE Lasts

ok, so i purchased a pair of Strands in 12D at a factory seconds sale a while ago. It's been about 7-10 wears or so, and they still are very painful, squeeze in the vamp, the toe, not good stuff, and i bought it thinking since i'm a 12D in every pair of shoes i've ever owned, it wouldnt be that far off

I was looking into the AE Kenilworth, and saw to my dismay that they are on the same 5 last, so i went to try them on at the Nordstroms locally. So the 12D barely fit i was slipping out of it,( could be fixed maybe with a pad in the back, but that's not my first choice.) and the 11 1/2 fit almost perfectly except it pinched my big toe a bit.

so i'm thinking, the only difference is the Balmoral/Blucher, and i;m not sure thats enough to change the fit so drastically. The other thing i'm thinking is that since the strand was on the 2nds sale, and there were no defects that were noticeable, maybe the screwup was on the fit! (oh no!)

so now i'm not sure what size to get in the Kenilworth, and i'm coming to regret my purchase of the Strands.

thoughts?

Working...
X