how do you store dress shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you store dress shoes?

Hi everyone. I am building a collection of decent leather dress shoes. How do you store them and keep them dust free? I can't afford to buy 10 dollar Allen edmonds felt bags for each pair.

Thanks!

Shoe tree + shoe box. Only have the latter right now; shoes stuffed with paper.

Comment

Not sure how ideal it is, but I store mine in cabinets by the door:

Comment

Always with shoe trees on a shoe rack inside a closet. Not worried about dust too much, I always do a quick dust off with a horse hair brush before/after wearing them.

Comment

Mine are in a closet. Some in their boxes (like my precious AE), some just lying around in a pile (like my cheap pair of boat shoes). I really have to buy a shoe rack.

Comment

Why in a handmade bespoke Burmese teak wood shoe cabinet of course!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/121126/my-shoe-rotation-and-handmade-bespoke-burmese-teak-wood-shoe-cabinet/0_100

But seriously ...

I have a few cedar racks from Cedarville that I keep most of them on. I leave shoe trees in and keep them in the dust bags that they came with or with some cheap bags I got either from Amazon or DSW. JAB had a buy 1 get 2 sale a while ago, and I had a free shipping code so I bought a whole bunch of trees for something like $6 a pair. Cedarville has good coupons too over on StyleForum. Some of the pricier shoes (C&J etc.) I just leave in boxes (with trees) up on a shelf.

Comment

@acoustic foodie, One, nice collection. Two, where did you get those louvered cabinets from?

I use trees and shoe bags that I bought off ebay and store them in boxes in my closet.

Comment

Shoe trees, dust bags if they came with them, shoe box, closet. I don't wear any of my dress shoes often enough so if I leave them on my shoe rack they just get dusty.

Comment

@Fred

Haha, one of the numerous examples of reasons I'm scared of style forum.

Comment

My new condo has an excellent closet. I now keep some of the nicer ones in boxes on shelves, some in what I am assuming were designed to be sweater drawers, and some on a shoe rack to be more readily accessible. Trees in most of them. Few in bags as they are mostly covered. If I remember I will post a pic.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I do just like @n0rm - with shoe trees, on a shoe rack, inside my closet. Isn't it better to keep them out of the box and shoe bags so the leather can breathe? I don't know if I heard/read that somewhere, or if it's just a stupid myth in my head.

Comment

shoe tree, on a rack according to frequency of wear, style, & color. a little bit of OCD but whatever.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                        I>0<I

Comment

Allen Edmonds sends shoes in plastic bags with holes so that they can breathe. I have been keeping my Park Avenues in these for about 6 months. Is this what other people are referring to as dust covers?

I just bought a pair of AE bags and got another from an eBay purchase. But I doubt I'm going to buy one for each pair of dress shoes.

Comment

@foodie, nice selection of wheels!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                            I>0<I

Comment

I store mine with shoe trees on built-in shelves in my closet. That left a lot of wasted space between shelves, though, so I installed additional shelves to basically cut the vertical space in half. Now we can fit twice as many shoes. I'll post a pic if I can get one. It's a tight fit in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X