New and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and need advice

Hey guys, I'm new here at Dappered and to style in general. Over the past few months I have began paying more attention to what I'm wearing. I have moved from oversized t-shirts and athletic shoes, to more of an appropriate look. Even though I personally like my new clothing style, I'm not sure that it is up to the "Dappered" look. I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at a few pictures and let me know where I stand? What am I doing right? Where am I falling short?

Also I'm not sure if I should post the pictures here or send whoever is willing the pictures through E-mail.

@Clayton - go ahead and post them, and most of us should at least be able to give a quick, naked eye observation of fit and style.

Comment

I would just post the pics and blur the face if you're uncomfortable.

Comment

clayton, there is no set "Dappered" look. Dappered readers come in all stylish varieties. Don't feel self conscious; in fact, you should feel more confident because you already have a strong sense of your own style and identity.

I suggest removing/blurring your face. I entirely remove my face from the pictures that I post.

Comment

Let's see it. I think you're in the right place. Most of the folks here try to dress well but don't take themselves too seriously.

Comment

What bruschetta said.

We're here to help...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Like it was mentioned earlier, there's no one "Dappered" style. Some of us wears suits. Others never leave home without our jeans or chinos. Some of us collect high-end dress shoes and some of us spend most of our time in work boots. And some of us (like me) still haven't decided a path and are all over the map from one day to the next. :-)

As everyone else has said, though, please post pics. It's the best way we can help and the best way you can learn.

Also, to continually get feedback and refine your own personal style, consider posting in the WIWT (what I'm wearing today) thread. That whole thread is about people posting pictures and others giving their opinions. You're bound to get more diverse feedback there.

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Hopefully the pics are uploaded correctly.

Comment

Fits look good to me and you look fine.

It just looks a little boring. (I tend to be on the louder side of the dappered spectrum)

Comment

I agree. The fit looks fine on all items. Colors are fairly conservative, but very close to what I wear myself. I would just suggest adding some bolder colors. Start with accessories like ties, belts, and socks. Then move to incorporating some patterns into the shirts. But that is just my opinion of course. Otherwise, I think everything looks good

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah I knew that boring and conservative would be in there. I just wanted to collect some classic basics before jumping into the bold pieces.

Comment

Just to echo what others have said, the biggest mistake you can make is trying to emulate any look, "dappered" or otherwise. We all have different budgets, lifestyles, jobs, etc.. The Dappered Look (patent pending) is wearing clothes that fit well that you feel comfortable in.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
                        X