No announcement yet.

Help with buying ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Fred G. Unn Okay, that's amazingly helpful.

Digging through The TieBar a little more and found these. Let me know if I'm way off base.

Eggplant Herringbone (although I like the Grenafaux texture more, someone mentioned that they look cheap)

Glen H. Plaid (based on recommendation from earlier thread, though I would like some more color)

Navy/Silver Stripe (Sorta boring, but clearly I should start small)

Colbert Plaid (I like the colors)

Paisley - Black/Olive (Apparently I like paisley. Who knew? Not sure if this one is actually good.)

I was also looking at the pindot pattern, but now that @diversification has pointed out that the dots aren't symmetrical I can't unsee it. And the houndstooth/big tooth pattern, though a subtle callback to the chef's uniform I usually wear, looks kinda busy on a tie.

Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Horrified stares of "dear lord why would you think that was okay"?

Comment

Grussell, I like all of those. The Paisley would be my least favorite but I would still wear it.

I would be someone that @Alan might refer to as a "Tie Person." I haven't counted in a while but I have dozens of ties (as in many dozen). And I buy 1 or 2 new ones per week.

My tip: Go to Goodwill if you have one. The ties are $2-3 each and are usually in REALLY good condition (YMMV, of course). I typically find nice slim (but not skinny) ties every time I go there.

At that price point you can really buy a lot of them and if you decide later on that it won't work, then it's no big deal.

Comment

"sooooo you're going to eat lobster later?"

LOL

Comment

Working...
          X