Thoughts on Dr. Scholl's Oren boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Dr. Scholl's Oren boot?

I've been waiting for the Aldo Blake in dk brown to go on sale but I saw these yesterday.

I was looking for something more on the dressy (not rugged boots) but would wear it with more casual stuff (no slacks/suits)

http://www.onlineshoes.com/Mens-dr-s...?adtrack=tpart

I was looking at these too, a while back. being that they're Dr. Scholl's, I'm sure they're comfortable. Some reviews have mentioned a strong chemical odor.

Comment

I bought the Oren boots more than a year ago for about the same price after seeing it on this site. If I had to do it again, I probably would go with the AE Dalton or buy the JC Penney wingtip boot (and try and spruce it up).

The Oren boots are extremely comfortable, and they may be the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. However, they are clunky (read wide) in the toe, and the burnishing at the toe renders them only appropriate for casual wear with jeans. The leather quality is decent (no odor on mine), but they are more rough/matte as opposed to a smooth/shiny. I have gotten quite a bit of mileage out of them, and I often choose them if I know I'll be walking a lot. However, I generally stay away from wearing them with chinos or suit pants (that may just be me, though). They are true to size with a tiny bit of extra room (I usually wear a 10, and the size 10's require me to tighten up the laces almost all the way).

Comment

Here's Joe's review of them:

http://dappered.com/2011/11/style-battle-two-really-cheap-wingtip-boots/

I purchased the Oren boot last year mainly to wear on rainy/bad weather days and I recently threw them away and replaced them with the Stafford wingtip boot. The Oren is quite clunky and not as refined looking as the Stafford boot. However, I'll admit that it was a very comfortable boot. I could not stand the chemical/petroleum smell on them, which is the main reason why I got rid of them. I contacted the company that makes them to ask them advice on how to get rid of the smell, and they told me to put them in a box with some baking soda for a day or two. I did that and it did not work. They indicated that the smell was due to the glue that they use.

Comment

Working...
        X