Banana Republic Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Republic Blazer

I was looking at getting this: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=428196002 until I realized the 40% off coupon they gave me has no blazers written in the fine print. Anyone know if they will still accept this in the stores I am guessing not. I was looking for something similar but I do not want any synthetics. Also what are your thoughts on this as a first sportcoat. I have yet to venture into this market, I know it is a "fall-winter" style and I would still need a "spring-summer" style as well.

I don't have an answer to your question but as soon as I got the email this morning, I tried to purchase that same blazer and it didn't work. Not sure if the coupon will work in store.

Comment

I've been eyeing the same blazer and had the same issue with a coupon last week... sigh...

Comment

I actually picked up one of these with a 40% off coupon last month some time. Very nice jacket, though, it did fit fairly tight in the waist. I have a tailored suit and the Herringbone blazer from BR along with this one, all in 40L (I'm 6'-6'1", 180lbs), and I'm going to have to have the waist let out about an inch on this one to get it to fit without pulling.

Comment

The Wednesday 40% coupons don't work, but the 30% coupons should, so hold off another day or two until you get the sale email tomorrow (since there seems to be one almost every day).

I can confirm what IronRinn said about fit. My usual size (42R) would button, but was too tight. In 44R, it buttoned properly, and the shoulders didn't increase to beyond fitting. It's a nice jacket, warmer than I expected.

Comment

What are people's thoughts on the pockets? I know it's a more casual jacket, but I couldn't get over the pockets on the outside (which seemed larger in person) and returned it.

I also thought it was tighter when buttoned than I expected (36R).

Comment

@orerany Yeah, the pockets are larger than most jackets but it doesn't bother me. I think they work with the material. Gives it an outdoorsy feel, if that makes any sense.

Going to take it to my tailor next week sometime and see what he can do about the waist issue. I don't mind if my jacket pulls a little bit but this was pretty noticeable and I have not had luck in the past sizing up like MikeAD91.

Just something to keep in mind when purchasing, especially if you want to wear a sweater underneath like the model on their site.

Comment

I like the pockets. They go with the material, and they are better for dropping my car keys in. They do change the look of the jacket, though, perhaps from something you would wear all day at the office to something you could wear to run errands on a fall day?

That said, I wore it at the office all day yesterday... And it was fine.

Comment

Jacket is pretty dope. Buy it.

Comment

I saw the (Deals around the net) post on Monday, called BN store at 1:30PM, they took my name and number and at around 5PM they called me back and honor the 40% sale. Just picked it (http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=428545002) yesterday. From now I'll definitely check on the thread often, especially on typical holiday weekend such as Columbus Day.

Comment

MikeAD was right on. 33% off today, BRSAVE33, and looks like it would apply to regular suiting and blazers.

Comment

I ordered that one today and I ordered this one as well to see which I like better. http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...9652/49652.jsp I don't have any blazers, maybe I will keep both...who knows.

Comment

If you don't mind, post pictures / impressions of the J Crew vs the BR.

Comment

I will most def. do that. Concerned about the Jcrew because it is from the factory store, but I have also heard people rave about their factory suits so who knows. I like the other clothing I get from there. Their chinos are my favorite, far better than those at BR. Interested to hear what peoples thoughts are, this is my first blazer and I know some have stated wool is "dressier" than a cotton blazer. Hopefully one of these will work out.

Comment

Ok, so the BR blazer came today in the mail, I just tried it on and I will post some pictures once I figure out how. One thing I noticed that I did not see in the pictures from the website, the pockets are very large. I dont know that it really bothers me one way or the other, just something I noticed. Let me know what you think of the fit. Again this is my first blazer, I think the quality seems very good, it is thick, I almost feel it could be worn as a "winter coat"

After looking at my pictures and the pictures from their website, the sleeves appear to be about an inch too long, might check the store to see if there is a 38S that I can try instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X