Sebago Beacon sizing, nobody local sells them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebago Beacon sizing, nobody local sells them

Miami isn't a big area for boots and I can't seem to find the Sebago Beacons anywhere. I wear Sperry Top Siders and Clarks Desert Boots a lot and know my size in those. Does anyone own either top siders and beacons or clarks desert boots and beacons that can give me a size comparison? I'm a 9 in Clarks and a 9.5 in Sperry's

Thanks!

My old Sperry's are 10.5 and my Beacons are 10. I would advise to size down.

Comment

I agree with Chern. I wear 12 in DBs and just bought a pair of size 12 in the beacon boot.

Comment

I've been looking at the Beacons for a little while now but haven't yet gone for it. Those of you who already have them, can you give a brief review? I'm looking for a fall/winter shoe that I can pair with khakis in a casual office setting -- something less brawny than a Red Wing, but that could still hold up to San Francisco's wet weather.

Comment

Sorry Daniel, I just received them in the mail on Monday and still haven't given them a solid wearing. They did feel good on my feet straight out of the box though.

Comment

@Thekillabeejc Thanks! Post back here once you've put a few miles on them, if you don't mind. Which color did you get? I like the darker brown, smooth finish.

Comment

No problem, I will try and remember to update. I actually got the "brown," which is the lighter brown w/ a greyish/white sole. I plan on using them as a very casual shoe, so I wanted something along the lines of a boat shoe/moccasin for fall, which I think they fit perfectly. Not sure how the quantity is for the other colors/sizes, but I bought one of the last pairs of brown sized 12 that I could find anywhere.

Comment

I've had mine for about 4 months now. I wear them maybe once a week. Sebago's leather is stiffer than Sperry's, which is a good and bad thing. It seems a lot more durable but does take longer to break in. The first couple wears were a bit rough as the top of the shoe where it creases was bruising the top of my foot. That doesn't happen anymore, though.

Also, maybe I don't know my true shoe size but I stayed true to size on mine (9.5) and they were perfect, save for the creasing/bruising issue I had at first. I didn't have to size down.

The pull tab on the back might be an issue. Unless you're a mannequin from H&M, you might be annoyed from your pants always catching on the pull tab. I think that's the current fashion trend, but for those of you that don't like it, either remove the pull tab, or wear longer pants. Or don't buy the boot.

Lastly (sorry so long), I got the brown waxed leather and it is gorgeous.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys, I'm going to go for the 9 like my Desert Boot. Now to decide on a color..

Comment

Working...
                  X