Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy (yet stylish) socks

Hi all.

Looking for some opinions here. Due to comfort and warmth (it gets cold in my neck of the woods for the next few months) I need some heavy, stylish socks.

I just got a new pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers (awesome btw). And I plan to just wear my SmartWool socks with those since no one will see. However, for my other shoes and chukkas I'd appreciate any opinions on heavy-weight socks that have some style (nice colors and patterns).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I picked up a couple last year from old navy for $2.50/pair. They are thicker than most of my socks. They are a grey and black knit with two stripes on the top in different colors. I have some with red and blue stripes and dark blue and light blue stripes. They work for me but I live in a warmer climate that doesn't get as cold relative to other parts of the country so they may not work for where you live. I'm not sure if they have them still but they might be worth checking out.

Comment

Love SmartWool.

But when it comes to stylish heavy socks, I just trade function over fashion and wear the heavy wool socks.

Comment

I tend to agree with nicholascrawford. However, I have a pair of thick wool socks by Corgi that are acceptably stylish and moderately warm. Uniqlo's "heattech" synthetic socks might be another option.

Comment

Working...
        X