Pairing tan shoes with what color pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pairing tan shoes with what color pants

The pair I have is a lighter color than the Walnut color by AE. It is more of a British Tan, much lighter. I have a pair of these: Mercanti Fiorentini wing tips in what they call 'Cognac' :

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mercanti+fio...tegoryName=men

What kinds of pants do you guys think would pair well with this type of tan?

For these I would stick with your navy and light grey for dress. If going casual, these will look good with both light and dark denim, but probably best with dark.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

+1

Comment

Those shoes can be worn with anything. The color isn't bright enough IMO that you would be limited to just a few types or styled pants or trousers. Not a huge fan of wearing bals with jeans unless the jeans are trouser cut. The shoes are sexy btw.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

Max! Where ya been? I just recently came back after a 4/5month hiatus, too.

Comment

@alan life had taken over but I still maintained my level of style. Where did you go if you don't mind my asking?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

Same here. Life takes over. Between grad school and tight finances, I couldn't afford the temptation that goes along with visiting this website. :-)

Comment

If I could, I would wear only balmorals! Seems like the best way to make a shoe.

Very versatile color.

Comment

now, any belt recommendations that would match it?

Comment

I've got this one from Orion Leather (via Amazon) and I love pairing it with my tan/walnut shoes.

Comment

@Max & Alan: funny, I just came back after about 8 months off, for the same reasons.

+1 to SDot's comments.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X