Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any san diego dapper gentlemen know a tailor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any san diego dapper gentlemen know a tailor...

who can slim down my shirts for me at a reasonable cost? i don't mind paying more, but would rather not pay a premium. (if that makes sense)

thanks!

I use the tailor at the Nordstrom Rack in Bonita. His name is Luis and he does good work. If you dont have a Nordstrom card, apply, you get $100 in alteration credits and the merchandise doesnt even have to be from the store. I've used it to slim up some pants and bring in some blazers. I recently had him short the sleeves of a few OCBD's I bought and again, good work.

Comment

I had decent luck with Kikis in La Jolla but definitely be very excplicit with what you want done.

They usually come recommended but I did not have good experiences with Felice or Castelli.

Also, if you can convince him to work on it outside of the channel, Mark, the tailor at Brooks Brothers in La Jolla is really outstanding. But, it can be tricky if it is not a BB item. Never hurts to ask though.

There is a also highly regarded tailor located in Little Italy (name escapes me, check out yelp).

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I've had good luck with Angelo's Tailor in Chula Vista (3rd Avenue close to the 24hour fitness location). Your best best is to bring in the shirt + a great fitting shirt, and he can go from there. I had him put in some darts in a couple of shirts.

Comment

I use two guys and they both make custom suits/shirts so they can do any alteration you want.

Enzo at Milano Tailors. He's old school and he's been doing this for years.

Francois at La Moda. He's a younger then Enzo(40's or 50's?) and also does great work.

All in all though both guys are top notch and knows what they are doing. I've had jackets shortened, sleeves shortened from the shoulder, jacket sides taken in, pants seats adjusted , and shirts taken in... by both tailors.

Comment

thanks for the responses guys!

around how much should i expect to pay to have shirts taken in?

Comment

I believe I paid 30 to get the sides/arms taken in.

Comment

$15-$20 seems about right.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Speaking of SD, any good cheap thrift stores for finding deal on men clothes?

thx.

Comment

Working...
                  X