Merona Men's Kensington Casual Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merona Men's Kensington Casual Blazer

Need more casual blazers, so thinking about get'n this in tan. Anyone have experience with this blazer? Has great reviews and is only $40. Columbus Day sale of 15% off until tonight makes it $41 w/ shipping to my house.

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-kensington-casual-blazer-assorted-colors/-/A-13806434

Thoughts?

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

I got the navy and tan one. At first I liked them then the tailor said that it wouldn't be worth it to tailor them and just to get a better jacket with that money. Something about the stitching = more expensive to tailor? so if they don't fit you perfectly then don't get them. I'm regretting it now that I've lost the receipt. My tan medium one still has the tags on it if you want it for cheap.

Comment

I think that's the same one a lot of forum members went gaga over back in spring. I didn't like the fit when I tried it on in-store, but several people swear by it. FWIW, it's cotton so it's more of a spring/summer jacket. I don't know if you're looking for something to wear right now or if waiting is ok. It's not necessarily breaking any style rules (that I know of) to wear it now, but it won't provide any warmth at all so layering will be required..

Comment

Yea I was gonna wear it now through the fall with a v-neck sweater and button up shirt for layering. I'm a 38R so i'm thinking about getting a small so @spiveslude i'll have to pass on the M. I'll get two good months of wear out of it and be able to have for next spring...sounds as if i'm tempting myself to buy it smh

#StayDapper

Comment

It all comes down to fit. If it works for you, might as well keep. If it doesn't work, I'm sure you have a nearby store to return it to.

Comment

Just checked and they have it in the store around the corner from my house. Gonna stop by tomm after work and see if it fits well. If so, think i'll grab it instore and skip the shipping cost!

#StayDapper

Comment

The Tan color was featured in GQ back in the Spring and Joe featured the Navy on the main Dappered site, so a lot of people here went out and purchased it. I actually purchased both the Tan and Navy and they fit me great. I didn't need any alterations because the OTR fit for me was perfect...nice and slim and a perfect length all around. For reference, I'm a 40R (6'0" 175lbs) and I purchased the Medium. I think that if it fits you perfect OTR, then it's a great bargain but otherwise, as stated above, not worth it if you need to have it tailored.

GQ - http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/201203/best-spring-sports-jackets-blazers-men-trey-songz#slide=17

Dappered - http://dappered.com/2012/02/one-stor...outfit-target/

Comment

Thanks @Juan. Gonna stop by Target tomm.

#StayDapper

Comment

I just ordered two of these. The sleeve length was about right, but the jacket was longer than I expected. Additionally, the jacket itself is much more roomy than it should be for someone looking for slim fitting clothing (like me). The arms were too large in circumference and the body was much too large to consider tailoring. I could try to size down to a medium (I got larges) but the arms would likely be too short. I did like the chino material. It had a nice weight to it.

My measurements:

16.5 neck, 35 to 36 sleeve, 42 to 43 chest, 35 waist, 6'1" tall and about 180 lbs.

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

The navy blazer is in my regular rotation. I have the tan, but it's less useful and the roomy arms are more obvious in tan.

Don't expect much of it, and it will deliver. =)

Comment

The blazer is roomy especially in the arms. I have the tan one. It's okay as a very casual summer blazer. I mainly wear mine when running errands and I need a couple extra pockets. Its also nice as a jacket during rainy summer days. If you're looking for something to wear to work or on dates then look elsewhere.

Comment

@spiveslude I have the navy in M and was actually looking at picking up the tan as well soon. How much are you willing to part with it for?

Comment

I have the one in navy and in khaki and they are great for the price.

Comment

For some reason people think something being featured in GQ is now a good thing, and I don't really get it. They just slap whatever crap on there and people seem to eat it up. Tie Bar--it's fine, but let's be real. Kensington blazer--it's fine, but again, let's be real. It's worth spending on quality.

Comment

you get what you pay for, that is true. but for the prices, things like the Kensington blazer and the Tie bar are great quality. they are good buys at those prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X