Mercanti Firorentini Double Monkstraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercanti Firorentini Double Monkstraps

I was reading the post on monkstraps that ran today on the main website and along with the shoes featured, the mercanti fiorentini double monkstraps were mentioned. I really like the look of them from the website and plan on going to check them out at my local DSW. Does anyone have any long term experience with these? Do they hold up? How is the construction?

Also, what do I wear with them? I've never owned a pair of monkstraps before. Can I dress them up with a suit, or are they too casual?

As to how to wear a monkstrap, there are dozens and dozens and dozens of threads on this board about monkstraps. Here's a good one: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/a-...aps#post-30788

Comment

I've had my pair in brown for about six months now. With once to twice weekly wearings they have held up fine. The leather is nice and has conformed to my foot nicely. I don't put on many miles during the day, but I have walked in them a fair amount and find them quite comfortable. My only issue is the toe is just a little more elongated than I would normally go for. However, I think it's just a matter of opinion and I have gotten used to it. Normally, I wear them with medium gray or charcoal pants.

Comment

I've had mine for about 10 months now and never worn them, but strangely I don't regret the purchase. I guess I just like the thought of having a double-monkstrap in the closet...

Comment

I really wanted to like these shoess. I have been in DSW 3-4 times and looked at them each time and just can't get past that long chiseled toe. They are comfortable and appear to be made well, but I can't pull the trigger.

Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I just saw the review on the main site. I guess I should have searched a little deeper in the site. Anyway, I saw the thing about the soles being really slippery. I went to the store to try them on today and I noticed the same thing. I guess the soles just need to be roughed up a little bit to get some traction. Is there a way to speed up that process so I don't slip at work? (which is a real possibility with the floors that we have)

Comment

Yeah, I forgot how slippery they were when i first got them. But it just took a couple walks around my block to rough up the leather soles enough to prevent slipping. No worries after that.

Comment

They aren't bad when wearing them. You have to be cool with the long Italian chisel toe. The leather quality won't blow your mind and I wouldn't pay "full" DSW price. They hold up alright but I find they require a lot of care due to the quality of the leather. I shine these more frequently than any other shoe I own.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I have a pair of MF monk straps in brown and they are easily my favorite shoe. I love the profile and color. The straps have held up well, I wear them at least once/twice per week. They do require lots of shining I have noticed. I like Mercanti Fiorentini a lot. For $150, you get a decent quality, very good looking shoe. I did not know they created a third color, I may definitely get another pair in the lighter 'cognac.'

Comment

Working...
                  X